The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: A Bizarre Collective - March 2024 Creative Challenge - The Museum (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Welcome to the Museum of Unnatural History, your Bizarre Collective's creative challenge for March.

The ghostly curators are delighted to know you'll be participating in the Bizarre Collective. Create and submit a piece inspired by the March theme, "The Museum," whether it's a routine, effect, script, poem, or short story. Unleash your creativity to delve into ghostly artifacts, relics, private collections, remains of mythical creatures, creepy curators, haunted museums, and the like.

Submit by March 31, 2024 in Word Doc or Txt format
PM me for the email address to send your submissions to.

For those unfamiliar with the Bizarre Collective, participants submit routines, effects, scripts, poems, or short stories based on the announced theme. All submissions are compiled into a beautifully illustrated collective PDF for every participant to receive.

March is the second of three planned challenges for the bizarre community, with more potentially on the horizon. These challenges stem from a deep appreciation of the magic of creativity. The challenges showcase brilliance and inspire others, creating a spectrum of artistic expression that benefit everyone.

Be inspired, participate, and create.
Bob
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Go get my fedora ready to go acquire some artefacts.

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14

And if you can translate this, it will be perfect for March.

https://logs.surnateum.com/5968-2/
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2024, The Curator wrote:
And if you can translate this, it will be perfect for March.

I might need help from some of the members of the Bizarre Collective, but I'm sure we can.
Bob
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator

the pugio and more.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
There is something dark and disturbing within the Museum's collection, and only you can tell its story.
PM for submission details.

Bob
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca......68156881

Brilliant bit of history. How should we teach medical students about anatomy? Let's blow up some skulls. That'll be a laugh.
bdungey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of bdungey
PM sent.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
March is just around the "Coroner!" [bump]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
25 more days my cleverly creative friends. Roughly a third of the submissions have been received already. At this rate The Museum will likely be much larger than Adrift, which was 78 pages. And the only way to gain access to the museum's treasures is by participating in the project. Have fun, be creative, and enjoy!

Bob
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
My submission for the March Collective is entitled "Casting the Elder Runes." It is a pastiche of M. R. James and H. P. Lovecraft that I hope you all enjoy.

I enjoy the camaraderie and assistance of this group. To that end, I am offering a prototype of this Mythos "Reading" effect from my tale as a prize for the best presentation this month. It isn't much, handmade, but I think anything we can do to carry on Bizarre Presentations is invaluable.

https://imgbox.com/Sg9SRVGg

The set includes multiple, 1.5" hand-drawn wooden discs:
1 Elder Sign
11 Various Mythos symbols representing different Mythos entities and creatures.
3 Different gaffs

Also included are:
1 Laser engraved wooden Elder Sign
1 Miniature, faux jade Cthulhu idol
1 Hand-drawn mythos casting cloth
1 drawstring bag
1 Miskatonic University Museum tag

I had to order multiple quantities to create an all-laser-engraved set for myself. To cover that, and the cost of assembling the other items, I will be selling the three (3) extra, laser engraved sets I was able to put together. These sets are beautifully engraved/etched and stained and are only 1" discs, (easier to handle) except for the Elder Sign (which is 1.5"). If interested, drop me a line. Once they are gone, they are gone.

Happy Writing!
Pulpscrypt
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
It's a lovely set. Dave had sent me a thank you set for offering a bit of help and crediting history along the way. I think you'll all love the routine as it's around authors anyone here is likely to enjoy. It's a great prize so thank you for offering.

My set intermingled with some of my own Lovecraft Innsmouth collection.

Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2024, pulpscrypt wrote:
My submission for the March Collective is entitled "Casting the Elder Runes." It is a pastiche of M. R. James and H. P. Lovecraft that I hope you all enjoy.

I enjoy the camaraderie and assistance of this group. To that end, I am offering a prototype of this Mythos "Reading" effect from my tale as a prize for the best presentation this month. It isn't much, handmade, but I think anything we can do to carry on Bizarre Presentations is invaluable.

https://imgbox.com/Sg9SRVGg

The set includes multiple, 1.5" hand-drawn wooden discs:
1 Elder Sign
11 Various Mythos symbols representing different Mythos entities and creatures.
3 Different gaffs

Also included are:
1 Laser engraved wooden Elder Sign
1 Miniature, faux jade Cthulhu idol
1 Hand-drawn mythos casting cloth
1 drawstring bag
1 Miskatonic University Museum tag

I had to order multiple quantities to create an all-laser-engraved set for myself. To cover that, and the cost of assembling the other items, I will be selling the three (3) extra, laser engraved sets I was able to put together. These sets are beautifully engraved/etched and stained and are only 1" discs, (easier to handle) except for the Elder Sign (which is 1.5"). If interested, drop me a line. Once they are gone, they are gone.

Happy Writing!
Pulpscrypt

Thank you for doing this. They are intriguing.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Don't get left behind. The Museums doors close on March 31.

Bob
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Well, got mine in after changing my mind what to write about lots of times.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Mine was finally submitted just a few minutes ago. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, Station10 wrote:
Mine was finally submitted just a few minutes ago. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

Received and absolutely love it!
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Below is the list of submissions received so far, and more to come by the 31.

Name
F. Cantin
C. Chelman
B. Clayton
D. Eichler
B. Fienning
J. Gilmore
J. Johnson
J. Kleefeld
T. Miller
R. Orander
M. Peckham
R. Santos
D. Tryzenski
T. Tyson
P. Wood
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
The doors to the museum are closing soon...don't be left out.

Bob