The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Glass and Bottle Exchange (Multiplying bottles type) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Zargo
View Profile
New user
Germany
74 Posts

Profile of Zargo
I want to do a Version with the "multiplying bottles" where only a bottle and a glass change places under the tubes.
As a finale I want to pour wine from a bottle in the glass and then it jumpes to the other side. So I am looking for a refill mechanism but where to buy? Or how can I achieve it.
The version where you put a handkerchief around a glass is also ok.

Is there and routines for that out there or where to buy or make the gimmicks?

The reason for me is, that I am not often performing on stage but more in restaurant venues. So I want to go home quickly after the magic and don't want to clean up all the bottles.
Cheers, Marko
Magic by Marko (Zauberer, Trick Artist from Germany)
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"!
(Walt Disney)
Derdeutscherein
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
12 Posts

Profile of Derdeutscherein
I can help guide you on building your own gimmicks to achieve this effect. Feel free to send me a private message, and I'll provide you with detailed instructions.

You might want to check out an effect called "Carnival Bottles." I found a performance on YouTube, and I've attached the link. It allows you to accomplish the switch you would like to do, and with a bit of modification, it could incorporate pouring a small amount of liquid from the bottle into the glass.Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/Le1AEtpBYG4?si=bFjoCUJbDFSWLwfD
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2024, Zargo wrote:
I want to do a Version with the "multiplying bottles" where only a bottle and a glass change places under the tubes.
As a finale I want to pour wine from a bottle in the glass and then it jumpes to the other side. So I am looking for a refill mechanism but where to buy? Or how can I achieve it.

Is there and routines for that out there or where to buy or make the gimmicks?

What you are looking for is a Wandering Glass and Bottle set. I remember as a kid seeing a magician perform this and the twist blew my socks off! I have never actually seen a set for sale in a magic shop, being an item from the 1920s to 1950s.

The routine and construction of gimmicks is detailed in the original Tarbell Course in Magic. You can actually get it as an ebook free right now at Magic and Cards: https://magicandcards.com/the-original-t......tarbell/. See lesson 44 page 5.

Hope this helps.
Zargo
View Profile
New user
Germany
74 Posts

Profile of Zargo
Thanks guys, I looked up tarbel and I am a step further now. I wrote you both a pm.
Strange that no dealers are manufactoring such bottles anymore with refill automatism.
It is a great effect.
Magic by Marko (Zauberer, Trick Artist from Germany)
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"!
(Walt Disney)