The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: "Got Magic?" Website... Dead or Scam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1257 Posts

Profile of Salby
Does anyone know if the "Got Magic?" Website is working anymore?:

======
www.gotmagic.com
======

The website doesn't seem updated and I tried contacting them through their website... NO response.

There are a couple of items "they have" that are quite scarce now that I'd like to purchase. However, there may be a reason "they have these items in stock". Maybe the website has not been updated for a long time.

I've never dealt with this company before.

Did anyone have a recent and good experience with this company?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
What do they have?

6 decks (3 are sold out and the other 3 seem pretty available)
3 magic "tricks" that are also pretty available.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1257 Posts

Profile of Salby
If you type in something in the search box, there are much more items that pop-up. Type-in "book" or "cards" or "coins", for instance.

That's what I'm saying. The website seems to need some revision.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2024, Salby wrote:
If you type in something in the search box, there are much more items that pop-up. Type-in "book" or "cards" or "coins", for instance.

That's what I'm saying. The website seems to need some revision.

Well, the half-dozen of those I looked at all said "Murphy's Magic" under the title. Which would suggest they really come from the wholesaler. So, if they're not available on the Murphy's site, they won't have it either.

s
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1257 Posts

Profile of Salby
I'm not too privy on how the whole wholesale, warehouse and retail process works....

Can't the Retailer (i.e.: Got Magic?) purchase many items from Wholesale (i.e.: Murphy's)? Afterwards, the Retailer can store these items in there own warehouse and have an item shipped from there, which is a separate entity from Wholesale.

In this way a Retailer's website is based on inventory stored in their own warehouse.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Well, it works different ways, but this would be "drop shipping." I would say most online shops work this way.

Of course they *can*, but why would they do that?
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1257 Posts

Profile of Salby
Not sure why they would?

But I wanted to know if this website is still "alive" by other people that may have used them recently.
Cookiegod86
View Profile
New user
NY
54 Posts

Profile of Cookiegod86
Most likely outdated. I purchased jazz stripe cards from their eBay two years ago and received them just fine. It was run by Nick Earl at the time. They probably just forgot to update or close the site.