The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Card trick where deck is cut in half diagonally (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Hello everyone. I was going through some of my stuff and stumbled upon my paper cutter which had a deck of cards cut in half diagonally in the box. I need help remembering where I was sourcing this from. I believe the premise is you ended up matching about 5 or so cards as you and the spectator shuffled and chose halves. Besides the cards being cut and a few stacked in one half, it was gimmick free. I feel like it was a book and not a video I was sourcing from. Any help is appreciated
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
This sounds like "Will the Cards Match" by Larry Becker. But that's a packet trick. This sounds like it might be a full-deck effect.

Marty
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7035 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Split Deck, whole deck is cut in half diagonally.
But it's gaffed with R&S.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I think that trick is credited to Bob Haskell.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
You say it is full deck with no gimmicks. I am wondering if you were making a Do as I Do deck. Also, any trick that used two decks of non-gimmicked cards could be presented, both Performer and spectator would have a halved deck, saving on pocket space.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Ebook sympathetic split by Steve Pellegrino is what I was thinking of
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
That's for letting us know and clearing up the mystery! Looks like this ebook is no longer available.