The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: PTSD (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
I ordered PTSD and remembered Wolfgang Moser´s „Card in Envelope“ from 2017, which has a very good way to eliminate the critical cards within one step without a question and without an equivoque. That sounds very similar to the one step elimination with PTSD…..
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2024, kebmo3108 wrote:
I ordered PTSD and remembered Wolfgang Moser´s „Card in Envelope“ from 2017, which has a very good way to eliminate the critical cards within one step without a question and without an equivoque. That sounds very similar to the one step elimination with PTSD…..

Wolfgang Moser's version is really, really good.
But there is a better version, Philip Simon`s version.
For me it is the best version I have seen so far.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2024, videoman wrote: It’s important to compare apples to apples.

I respectfully disagree. If you are doing the effect close up, as long as there are 2 people, you get an extra reaction if the volunteer looks at the card first and then shows the audience. It would be difficult to argue against the fact that turning the card over is objectively better than bringing it out face up from an envelope. In addition, what sells the fact that it is the only card in the envelope is when you tilt the envelope upside down and only one card slides out. Can you do that with this? No. this is the second effect on the market which could accurately be described as, “if B’wave and KK had a baby.” The thing that the creators of both of these effects forgot is that no one would have ever heard about B’wave if you could not turn the card over…
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
My solution looks like this:
I show an envelope and I can take any picture card out of this envelope.
In the video I show it with three picture cards.
But I can do it with any of twelve picture cards.

Here is a short video:
https://youtu.be/TzgLb93jXVw
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2024, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I find the handling far easier than the Shadow Wallet, I also find the selection process far more streamlined and natural.

Mark

Agreed. In fairness to the creators of the shadow wallet, it was sold as a bonus effect to the peek wallet. Nevertheless, I find the shadow wallet version a bit fumbly. This is probably only an issue with me.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2024, dj wrote:
My solution looks like this:
I show an envelope and I can take any picture card out of this envelope.
In the video I show it with three picture cards.
But I can do it with any of twelve picture cards.

Here is a short video:
https://youtu.be/TzgLb93jXVw

Very nice. You got my attention.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 2, 2024, dj wrote:
Quote:

Is that what you did in the video? Where is his version?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
No, the one in the video is my own version.
This is Wolfgang Moser's version:
https://www.stolina.de/card-in-envelope-......ser.html
His version is in german and I don't know whether you can buy it in english.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Nathan, Really nice you can show the entire card ! Were is this available ? Is this Blake's 4 way envelope your using ?
Thanks.
Tophatter
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 3, 2024, tophatter wrote:
Nathan, Really nice you can show the entire card ! Were is this available ? Is this Blake's 4 way envelope your using ?
Thanks.
Tophatter

Ah! I was just quoting above. I too, would be interested to learn more.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
I'm not a professional so take this for what it's worth - have just received this - really like it - initial impression is that an advantage is the overall speed/streamlined nature of both the equivoque and the pulling out of the card from the envelope. My only one concern is the longevity of the envelope - as mentioned, only just received and part of the envelope at one end (where you squeeze to open) is coming away very slightly. Now - it could be glued back - but that's not really the point. This maybe a one off - I'll probably reach out to Saturn Magic to ask about this.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2024, dj wrote:
Quote:

@dj: I am collecting this kind of effect, so I am interested in the „Philip Simon ´s Version. Do you have more details where to find this version ?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2024, kebmo3108 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2024, dj wrote:
Quote:

@dj: I am collecting this kind of effect, so I am interested in the „Philip Simon ´s Version. Do you have more details where to find this version ?

There is only the performance video.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Someone quoted this in an earlier post.."Also the video in the trailer is exactly what the participant will feel and remember. "

In that case we could all make video trailers showing "what audience see", and fake the video, remove handling, questions.. and just show edited highlights to fool the buyer! Oh what am I saying... that's what most trailers do already!!!!
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I personally do mind language like,"Here is what the audience sees." What I do not like, however is when language or editing is used to misrepresent the product to magicians. I remember an add that read, "The performer doesn't need to look at or touch the object." What they meant was that you have to either look at or touch the item to perform the effect. I remember how misleading the language was on Hank Lee's website and mailers. Wonder what he's doing since he got out of prison? In any case, I find nothing misleading about the video and the advertising for this product. If you do not already have a.version of Kolossal Killer, this might be a good choice.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Has anyone heard about replacement envelopes / refills ?
There are two envelopes included but after practicing a lot with one envelope it will wear out eventually. So it would be nice to be able to buy only the envelopes. The cards are plastic and will last forever.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2024, kebmo3108 wrote:
Has anyone heard about replacement envelopes / refills ?
There are two envelopes included but after practicing a lot with one envelope it will wear out eventually. So it would be nice to be able to buy only the envelopes. The cards are plastic and will last forever.

have not heard, but I took my unused envelope and made a template. Stuck these both back in the packaging as it is large enough.
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Has anyone seen any of his other effects, namely The Pact, or THE EVIL i?
I can’t get to Blackpool this year even though I was curious about his new imim.
Marc mentioned to me that he helped him build it.

There’s nothing else available or blurbs about any of them.

Anyone have any info?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I like the trick very much. Great effect.
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of markthemagician
I just started performing this yesterday and I got great reactions. The result of the scripting and the reveal is that the spectator truly feels they had a completely free choice of any card in the deck and then you had that very card in an envelope sitting on the table. Bye bye Kolossal killer.