The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: 6 day Conjuring Workshops, 2024 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
780 Posts

Profile of TStone
These workshops are intended for those dissatisfied with their current practice of magic, regardless of being on an intermediary, professional, or expert level.

The workshops are 6 full days long, from early morning to late evening, packed with practical hands-on work, theoretical discussions, drama exercises, and propmaking.
They are held at Sigtuna Folkhögskola, in a small village near the Arlanda Airport, just north of Stockholm, Sweden.

Four workshops are held in parallell. The facilitors are Tom Stone, Leif Olberius, Oskar Hejll and Peter Gröning.

Conjuring A - This is the main one, with a strong focus on the authoring of magic, how new performance work is created. Misdirection, deceptive structures, dramatic plots, dramatic exercises, propmaking.

Conjuring B - Continuation for returning magicians.

Conjuring C - Continuation for returning magicians.

Exploring the Act - This is the most recent addition. In this workshop, you bring an act, or an idea for an act, and improve it through a structured process.

There are some personal accounts from previous years: Pauliina Räsänen 2023, Alyx Hilshey 2022, Cat Boult 2019, Nikola Arkane 2018.
There are also the official course evaluations that give good insight regarding the work and its outcome.

The application forms open on January 2, 2024. The courses tend to fill up very fast, often all spots are taken within 48 hours.

The price for the course itself is an administration fee of about 75 USD, besides that, you pay for the food (5 meals/day) and lodging.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
780 Posts

Profile of TStone
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
780 Posts

Profile of TStone