The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: HERMETICA (new from Bobby Hasbun) (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Waiting patiently myself!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Me too, fingers crossed in the next batch going out.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Got my ship notification today! You all have me drooling over here waiting to get my hands on this!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Excitedly trying to be patient!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I received the book earlier this week and I’ve already put it to use. In fact I’ve been carrying it around with me.

I had already received the manual and even while having a great time at East Coast Spirit Sessions I studied the manual and thought of how I would work it.

Out of the different things you can do, and there are quite a few, I focused on the Tarot readings and having the book answer questions under my control while they handle it. This book can force things but it’s hard for you to understand that if you don’t have it.

I tell people …

This book is not just a collection of tarot cards, it is a guide to the unseen. If you come seeking answers, guidance, and insight, hold the book, feel its energy pulse through, and place the card anywhere in the book (I use thin card stock and have the subject insert it, I find it better than just opening the book)

The book has no title, author, publisher, it’s weird but I had a dream about it once and in this dream I heard someone call it The Oracle of Shadows and Light. Maybe the book was communicating with me.

The book will reveal a tarot card and a description that will prove eerily accurate, almost as if the book could peer into your very soul.

I found the book during a visit to a small, unassuming antique shop in a quiet corner of London that I happened to stumble upon. There, in a box of forgotten, seemingly unimportant items among the clutter this particular book caught my attention. The shop owner, an elderly gentleman with a penchant for storytelling, claimed he knew little about it, only that it had been acquired from an estate sale in Cornwall.

He didn’t seem to care much for it and wasn’t charging me much. So I got it.

Anyway … Hermetica gets my highest recommendation. I’m using it and I don’t see why I would ever stop doing so.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
My books arrived today (both Leather and Cloth editions) and they are BEAUTIFUL!!

Every detail thought out all the way down to the COA’s being protected within top loaders. (My trading card guys will get it)

And Bobby has blessed me with edition #13 of 45 of the leather bound editions!!! Sure you can hope for #1 or #45. But I think #13 is juuuuust right.

Happy…Days….

Can’t wait to out this to good use!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I really enjoyed Alexandre's post, above,

Today I was curled up with snow falling outside, inside with a wood stove keeping me warm. Hermetica was in my lap, as was the instruction manual. Flipping back and forth between the two, I found myself giggling at not just Bobby's thinking, but also the execution in the book. The crib is deviously clever. So much is revealed! The structure throughout the book gives one so much information. I was actually texting Bobby throughout the day letting him know I was so surprised as I was working through the instruction manual with the book-in-hand how much one can glean. Throughout the manual he refers to "layers of deception" - that is such an apt phrase, as there are SO MANY LAYERS OF DECEPTION built into this book. And, I am thinking of using it for a couple of the layers of deception in my work. But, as I become more conversant with that, I will undoubtedly add in more of the hidden utility capacities Bobby has built into this treasure trove.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2184 Posts

Profile of RCP
I tried not to be that guy......but my anticipation got the better of me.

Bobby is working his way through the queue as he hand ages each book.

We all order within minutes of each other. Deep breathes
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2024, ALEXANDRE wrote:
I received the book earlier this week and I’ve already put it to use. In fact I’ve been carrying it around with me.

I had already received the manual and even while having a great time at East Coast Spirit Sessions I studied the manual and thought of how I would work it.

Out of the different things you can do, and there are quite a few, I focused on the Tarot readings and having the book answer questions under my control while they handle it. This book can force things but it’s hard for you to understand that if you don’t have it.

I tell people …

This book is not just a collection of tarot cards, it is a guide to the unseen. If you come seeking answers, guidance, and insight, hold the book, feel its energy pulse through, and place the card anywhere in the book (I use thin card stock and have the subject insert it, I find it better than just opening the book)

The book has no title, author, publisher, it’s weird but I had a dream about it once and in this dream I heard someone call it The Oracle of Shadows and Light. Maybe the book was communicating with me.

The book will reveal a tarot card and a description that will prove eerily accurate, almost as if the book could peer into your very soul.

I found the book during a visit to a small, unassuming antique shop in a quiet corner of London that I happened to stumble upon. There, in a box of forgotten, seemingly unimportant items among the clutter this particular book caught my attention. The shop owner, an elderly gentleman with a penchant for storytelling, claimed he knew little about it, only that it had been acquired from an estate sale in Cornwall.

He didn’t seem to care much for it and wasn’t charging me much. So I got it.

Anyway … Hermetica gets my highest recommendation. I’m using it and I don’t see why I would ever stop doing so.

Hey Alexandre! Over 3000 posts…how have I missed you, my friend?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
244 Posts

Profile of jglumley
Hey look another riddle to solve! Maybe this time it will take less then 3 years. hehehe
The "18"
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2024, jglumley wrote:
Hey look another riddle to solve! Maybe this time it will take less then 3 years. hehehe

So what was the solution to that one?
Bob
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Richard, it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out at ECSS. Your presentation was stunning, hope to catch your new show!

Hermetica continues to impress as I’ve been carrying the book around with me. Everyone’s intrigued. The book knows!
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2024, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Richard, it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out at ECSS. Your presentation was stunning, hope to catch your new show!

Hermetica continues to impress as I’ve been carrying the book around with me. Everyone’s intrigued. The book knows!

Nice! I've been looking at that, but I don't really do a lot of fortune-telling style routines.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
AndyMorgan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of AndyMorgan
I received my copy of Hermetica today and am delighted with it. The quality and craftsmanship are superb -as are the beautiful methods integrated into the book.
There is an elegant simplicity to its appearance and I think it succeeds as something that will feel and look natural in the spectator’s hands. There is nothing for the “skeptical” spectator to discover either. In addition to several routines, Hermetica gives those who are not as familiar with doing readings a lovely place to start!
I recommend it highly.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2024, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2024, jglumley wrote:

So what was the solution to that one?

The solution can be read here:

https://darkartifice.com/pages/oraculum-......1fac3abf

I also received mine today and love the look of it! The effects and methods are powerful and the mysterious look just enhances that further.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I picked up my copy Friday. Spent the weekend going over it and through it. Tried it out and it said the Lions would lose in their Championship Game. I cried. Seriously, I am not a performer but this could make me want to try. It is physically perfect and, from what I have seen so far, psychically, it is perfect. This has my highest recommendation.
Winks
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2184 Posts

Profile of RCP
#26 has arrived. Thank you Bobby
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
Yes, I too am very grateful. As, I expect, many of us are. Sold out.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
#33 has arrived. I look forward to spending time with this one. Love the look and feel of the book. Another fine creation from Bobby.
Satire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Satire
I am all of nowhere on that puzzle. I tried every possible thing I could think of and neither of them worked.