The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: HERMETICA (new from Bobby Hasbun) (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Try that again. Crib hidden in horoscope page.

pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Awesome as usual Joshua!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Cheers, looking forward to this arriving. Seems to be quite a versatile utility prop so interested to hear how different people use it.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Which tarot deck is that? Its lovely...

Beautiful work on the cue sheet
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
It's a black and white Rider Waite deck I made. Just the majors. Had a request to make a deck for someone and couldn't resist making myself a set too.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
It's a black and white Rider Waite deck I made. Just the majors. Had a request to make a deck for someone and couldn't resist making myself a set too.

What do you charge to make something like that?
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
They are amongst the most time consuming things I make for the number of cards. I think the previous Marseille ones I made I sold at £90 with postage to US. Takes most of day making each set, so do charge a good bit, but I think the five who bought the Marseille were all happy with their sets. Not something I've got the time or patience to make a lot of sets of.

A bit of the process on here.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvefMbVIi......NWFlZA==
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Am I imagining things or did Bobby ever make a Tarot?
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2023, illusioneer wrote:
Am I imagining things or did Bobby ever make a Tarot?

Not yet....
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
Brother Owl made one, though: facsimile 1910 RWS.
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Good evening! I ordered a set of Joshua J's lovely Tarot cards a couple of days ago and they arrived this morning. They really are a wonderful set of cards! Beautifully aged and mysterious and highly recommended. Thank you for such prompt service and will be a great fit for Stargazer and Hermetica.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Soon…..very soon…..can’t wait to get these books in hand!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2024, illusioneer wrote:
Soon…..very soon…..can’t wait to get these books in hand!

Yes, getting excited for delivery. Been reading back through the manual and I've found myself drawn to have a read back at some other zodiac prediction routines Max Maven's, Arun Bonerjee's, Zoltar's stars, Pete Turner's and Lewis Leval's versions. Had a go at making a little zodiac game with a few of them built in. Never really been that bothered for star signs, palmistry and Tarot being mine main reading systems, but it's interesting looking at all the different approaches people have taken to finding this piece of information. For a 1 in 12 chance it's interesting how performers have gone down so many different approaches to finding the information.

topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Anyone get their copy yet?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2024, topherhester wrote:
Anyone get their copy yet?

The date stated on the product page for the first batch of preorder shipments is today, January 12. I know Bobby was trying hard to beat that by a few days, and was able to get the first batch of 40 or so out yesterday, the 11th. I received a tracking number for mine yesterday and anyone who was within the first 40 books sold will have received a tracking number yesterday also. Per a conversation with Bobby, the next weekly batch will be going out middle to late next week, and should cover the next 30-40 books. I hope to post a review once I have received mine and have had the chance to really sit down with it. To say I am excited to receive this is an understatement!

David
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Mine arrived today. As with the other books Bobby has released, the aging is perfect - subtle so that one really cannot tell the age. They could be from the 1960's or 1860's. I am so excited to sit down and play with this, then to begin using it!

Thanks, Bobby!!
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Wow! I received my books today and the quality is amazing. The attention to detail in the leather makes the price well worth it! I also got the cloth which has amazing quality as well. If you have a chance to pick one up I highly suggest it. I have gotten through some material and like the rest of Bobby work it is very detailed and thought out. Worth every penny +++
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
For those who have purchased aged work from Dark Artifice you know the quality to expect. This aging is nothing short of perfection. I truly don’t understand how one can age in this fashion and make every page stand on its own in this unknown time period. The effect is exactly what I’ve been looking for in regard to tarot reading. While I still love tarot reading (something new to me), this book creates a unique type of experience that is easier for the curious to swallow when they may feel reserved by being around the cards themselves. The amount of detail that has been thought of with the possibilities proves this wasn’t just some idea pieced together to prove how clever they were. This is a true worker and I hope I end up being one of the few who get to use its magic in public ;p. Well done Bobby!

Bernardo Rodriguez
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
The book (cloth edition) feels and looks wonderful. I predict this will become one of the most useful & and most used mystery items I have ever bought. Very rare to come across something so grand such as Hermetica. Thank you Bobby.
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Still waiting for my shipment notification. Can't wait to receive this!