The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: HERMETICA (new from Bobby Hasbun) (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Hey folks, it is not every year that Christmas comes twice, but this is that year. I am so excited to be able to share that after months of development, Bobby Hasbun is releasing his latest project. I've had the good fortune to talk with him about it a few times over the past year, and I have eagerly been waiting for this moment.

HERMETICA is a book that, in the gesture of his previous releases, looks to be from an era from long ago. While it looks like a simple fortune telling book, it is far more than that. It allows one to do tarot readings. It allows one to secretly acquire personal information about your sitter while giving a reading. It allows you to reveal the information in a novel way that will leave your sitter spellbound. It can also allow one to force an object. And, this is just the beginning. The thinking behind HERMETICA is diabolical. It is being released in two editions (cloth cover and leather cover), both are in very limited numbers. Pre-orders will be happening shortly and Bobby told me they will ship in early January, after the holiday rush and backlog. Oh - he's also offering an introductory price for the first 10 days. I am curious if it will sell out before then.

Check out the actual description at Bobby's website:
https://darkartifice.com/products/hermetica

That is more thorough than what I am sharing here. Just know that this is going to open up countless possibilities for the psychic reader, mystery entertainer, or bizzarist. All from a single, seemingly simple yet interesting-looking book. Aged to perfection, using actual vintage paper, this will go straight into my kit.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Just read the email. Looks gorgeous!
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
428 Posts

Profile of Seance
Already ordered! Have the Codex and Oraculum and have had great results with them, so I am glad to have the opportunity to get this.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Ordered a leather copy. Happy Festivus to Me!
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
I ordered 2 copies. Leather and cloth versions. This is going to be one of, no, THE best release in a very long time. Bobby deserves recognition for being one of the best thinkers in the bizarre creator community. Looking through the manual sounds too good to be true, but I know Bobby and I know his work and it is always amazing and practical. Kudos Bobby, congrats on the new release. I can’t wait to write a performance around it.
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
361 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings...

I ordered the leather edition...this is very exciting. All the best to Bobby...

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Archerfire
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
19 Posts

Profile of Archerfire
I have just about everything Bobby has released. I love, and use, all of them. In my opinion there isn't a single dud. This was an instant purchase. I know Bobby takes an incredibly long time before he releases something. No rush jobs allowed. A big part of that is because he feels the pressure of past success and wants to continue to put out the best work he can. He doesn't want to fail those of us who support him. That's pure class in my book. Yes, you can call me a fanboy. I'm ok with that. You can even call me a friend of his. I'm certainly ok with that and can't wait to get HERMETICA!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
I immediately ordered the standard edition. The one I would perform with.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I like how I convinced myself I'd go to the site and pick one or the other. Obviously, I left it having got both. Something by Bobby, which has never disappointed me in the least, and it allows for fortune telling and tarot readings? It's like a perfect storm of my favorite things.

I'd held on writing this until I went through the manual, and it shouldn't have surprised me that the book allows for even more than I hoped it would. The possible ways I could use this are blowing my mind a bit at the moment, so I'm looking forward to re-reading it tomorrow (and really looking forward to getting the actual book in my hands!)
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2023, Perkins wrote:
Just read the email. Looks gorgeous!

And go beautifully with your new Tarot.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
The holidays came early. Ordered.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Bobby shared he only has a handful of the leathers left...

If you want your holiday-after-the-holiday, the time is now.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I've got a good few payments on hold with paypal currently. Hoping these don't all sell out before as I'd quite like this. Think this will be a good match for my work.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well 1 less cloth & 1 less leather books. Was holding out on which one, I like the aged cloth version but like the Oraculum, love the leather too......

Popped for both versions & as PA wrote & I mirror, Bobby has yet to disappoint me !

Although more than I planned on spending right now, I couldn't pass this up as a late Xmas gift/Jan B day gift to myself LoL ! Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
I just want to use this. I have no thought to have a fancy version sit on a shelf. Magic doesn't exist until it's performed.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Bobby is one of my two best loved creators. His creations are always what they claim and do not disappoint when received, like many effects by others do. I have almost all of Bobby's creations and more then one of some. Looking forward to seeing the reviews on this, I know they will be stellar.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2023, reese wrote:
I just want to use this. I have no thought to have a fancy version sit on a shelf. Magic doesn't exist until it's performed.

And if it wasn't for the collector, much magic today would not be available. We need both collector and performer. Looking at a beloved creation on my shelf brings as much magic to my mind as when I perform it. I love to do both and as I age out of the performance scene, the memories help me relive them.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
597 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2023, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2023, reese wrote:

And if it wasn't for the collector, much magic today would not be available. We need both collector and performer. Looking at a beloved creation on my shelf brings as much magic to my mind as when I perform it. I love to do both and as I age out of the performance scene, the memories help me relive them.

It keeps you young Will!
Bastien
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Bastien
Ordered the leather version.

Having read the manual, this book can accomplish things I never imagined possible.

If you missed out on Oraculum (the predecessor book that can be read cover-to-cover with nothing to be found, and can provide a personal reading while you covertly obtain the querent's star-sign with nothing spoken or written down), Hermetica can do all that and MORE e.g. force information, answer questions, reveal personal information. The manual also makes it clear that this is something that's been tested in real world environments, because many different performing situations and possibilities are anticipated and discussed.

For me, its most powerful feature is the ability to covertly obtain and reveal the querent's area of concern in a reading, which should allow for very specific and detailed readings.

I believe readings are the most powerful thing you can do, and I can immediately tell this will be a worker.

In my opinion, the many layers of deception built into the book ensures that everything is invisible and well justified. The end result, I believe, should be indistinguishable from real magic.

If you're remotely interested in doing readings, this is a must-have, IMO.

PS. If you can afford it and if you like the look of it, go for the leather. Part of the presentation is having the participant hold the book between their hands as they focus on their question and area of concern. There's nothing like the feel of an old leather book.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I ordered the cloth. Getting a problem with downloading the manual though ("There was an error in the third-party application. "). Aaaargh.