The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Instruction blues (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I wish more tricks would come with written instructions, rather than a download video. Just bought Sizzle by John Bannon and it's just Liam Montier going thru everything. But first there are 3 performances. I guess I just prefer to read.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
I agree--but in trying to make lemonade out of lemons, I like to watch the video and then take notes into my magic notebook. This gives me a set of instructions in my own handwriting, with my own diagrams, etc. I usually learn quicker when I have to write things myself. But I do agree with you overall! Jay
Greg Kiefer
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Greg Kiefer
I absolutely agree. I would love if they would share a PDF file of written instructions. Definitely would help the hearing impaired as most magic video's are not close-captioned.
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
I would agree with Jay, I always write down my own instruction as I watch the video I tend to learn quicker that way.
It would also be nice to receive written instructions with effects.l have a folder full of pre internet instructions.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Depending on who wrote the instructions, I can learn to handle complex effects in the time it takes to perform them. Mastery is another matter. I love written instructions because I can instantly zip to the point that answers my question.