The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Restoring "Memory" To The Fantasio Appearing Candle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dpierce
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dpierce
I'm aware of the boiling water method to restore the "memory" of a Fantasio appearing cane but believe that I also read about using a hair dryer to restore the "memory" of an appearing candle. Has anyone used this method? Details? Thanks, Dave
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio said to extend the cane and put it in warm water. When I am in shop tomorrow. I will dig out his book and send you info if you send me a regular email.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The Fantasio lecturing LIve at the Magic Castle has the complete description in Volume 2. I would recommend this set of three dvd's by Fantasio as great resource and inspiration. He was a great man and thinking...thankfully a friend.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Richard , I haven't watched those Fantasio DVDs in a long time, but I'm glad you mentioned those because I started watching Vol. 2 and got so fascinated I watched all three ! What a great creative mind he had.

I had forgotten about "the treatment" for the canes. Good , practical advice.

Quote:
On Nov 17, 2023, dpierce wrote:
I'm aware of the boiling water method to restore the "memory" of a Fantasio appearing cane but believe that I also read about using a hair dryer to restore the "memory" of an appearing candle. Has anyone used this method? Details? Thanks, Dave

Dave, Richard Hughes mentioned he was going to send you the information, so I won't repeat any of it here (not really appropriate to discuss on an open forum anyway) I just wanted to point out for anyone else reading this topic that the boiling water treatment is for a Fantasio VANISHING Cane, not a Fantasio Appearing Cane. The Appearing Cane treatment is different. (and yes, if you're in a hurry, he does mention using a hair dryer on the Appearing Cane, but hopefully that is all in the info that Richard emailed you.)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
David,
He does say you can use bathtub for the appearing cane but then you really can't take a bath for a day or so.Smile
It is a dirty shame that his work was ripped off (even the package) by the overseas companies. And they are not nearly as good of a product. No one knows a product better than the person so conceive the idea, developed it and field tested it for years. When I am out his original products, I will be discontinuing that portion of my line.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
It is indeed a shame how he was ripped off and that no clear line of succession was established for someone to carry on manufacturing the official line of Fantasio products after he passed on (but maybe there was no incentive for anyone to continue because of the rip-off companies).
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
That is exactly the reason it was not sold. I know of one person who would have been a good owner and Fantasio and I even talked about it a bit. But when they rip off everything right down to packaging, it would have been very hard recoup the investment to buy the company.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
dpierce
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dpierce
Much thanks to Richard and David for their kind and informative replies. Very unfortunate indeed that Fantasio's superb quality is no longer readily available but I completely understand the reason. Rip-offs were the reason my dear friend the late Steve Dusheck ceased manufacturing his wonderful creations. I'm very happy that some of them are available once again through Airship Magic.