The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes :: Scott Alexander pre-orders (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David95
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of David95
I had pre-ordered Scott’s book. I know we have lost him. Does anyone know anything about our pre-orders? I tried to email from my receipt and it comes back undelivered. Hoping someone knows something about what is going on.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1364 Posts

Profile of bekralik
This came up in another thread.
No official word, but I was given a refund for my preorder (without asking for it - I was still hoping for the book). I asked for clarification but did not receive any response.

I did receive an email from his wife asking to confirm what orders were still outstanding at the time of his unfortunate passing.

Brian
David95
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of David95
Do you have a way to contact someone about this?
Thank you,
David
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1364 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sent you a PM
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Guessing , a number of us with the same issue.
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
60 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
So, no one knows where we can either get a refund or get info regarding a potential later/delayed publication of the book?
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Took a while but I got a refund about 2 mos ago.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Sent messages to the website, but it would appear nobody is taking care of it.
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
60 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
I guess we should speak to john lovick. The book was finished and he was editing it when scott alexander sadly passed away.
Handsome Jack
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
32 Posts

Profile of Handsome Jack
Someone told me about this thread. I have no idea how much of the book Scott finished. Scott sent me 3 chapters, which I edited and sent back. I was waiting for additional chapters when I got the news about Scott. On the other 2 books I worked with Scott on, he would send me chapters as he finished them. Because those were the only chapters he sent to me, they are almost certainly the only chapters he had finished. I have no idea if he had first drafts written for all the other chapters or if he had nothing written.