The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Unbalanced - Scott Alexander / Joshua Jay (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
I’m assuming since Scott’s passing (RIP), this will never be a thing ever again. Which is a shame because it’s an amazing (and much needed) ending for Joshua Jay’s balance. Anyone have an inside scoop?

https://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/product/unbalanced
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I sent in my Balance for modification but unfortunately and sadly Scott passed away. I got refunded but never got my gimmicked parts of Balance back.

That's ok, I don't think it's right to burden Scott's family further.

I know that Puck will be putting out his new version soon.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
After some investigation, I contacted Puck and found that he is now selling a brand new version of Unbalanced. It’s $600 and you can get it here: https://audioaperemote.com/pages/unbalanced

Mine should be arriving soon.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
755 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Nice! Please share your thoughts after you receive it.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Yesterday I received Unbalanced and I couldn’t wait to watch the tutorials. All I can say is the quality is outstanding and the enhancements are very practical and performance ready. I’ve got so many scripting ideas as this can easily adapt to a wide range of diverse themes. So far, I’m very impressed and can’t wait to use this. Great works guys!

Dan.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Just received mine today. After watching the tutorials, I’m extremely happy with my set and can’t wait to start building a routine. I guess the only downside between this and Balance, is the inability to hand out the ungimmicked parts before a sw*****, but I suppose with the proper patter, and stunning finish, it’s not absolutely necessary.
underthetree
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of underthetree
Is there any restrictions while performing UNBALANCE?like cloth, table or lighting?
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
No restrictions. Any clothes, any table and lighting won’t reveal anything.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
What an amazing piece of magic. I love performing Balance and over the next few weeks will be working on On Edge. Unbalanced has the two strong features of both of these - the visual display of disparate objects and the collapse at the end. That straw twirl is really something.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
The Wizard Magic Review:

Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I had to join in on the party. Received mine in the post yesterday. Can wait to spend some time with this. I have Josh Jays Balance but never felt that I could come up with a suitable ending. The collapse at the end is a game changer.