The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Help: Identify Video from Roger Crosthwaite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Hi, I have found something that I don't have references from, anybody can identify this VHS I put a frame from? Is this one of the Inner Sanctum series?

Click here to view attached image.
Bino
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Bino
Hi, this frame is shown in the opening credits of the VHS Inner Sanctum Card Magic series from 2002.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Thanks, but which of them? I know Inner Sanctum was 6 volumes, but this doesn't seem to be part of any of these 6.
Bino
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Bino
I can assure that it is in the opening credits of volume one and five. The opening credits on the other volumes is different. I just checked my VHS tapes. Why does it matter?
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I am trying to find out because my video doesn't seem to be vol.5 based on the contents of Vol.5 and what my video has. Mind if I PM you?
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Tilman
The Inner Sanctum series had eight (!) volumes, of which six were numbered consecutively. Two were not numbered and were sold as 'specials'. One of those is on the Diary Trick, the other one is titled "The Inner Sanctum of Father Roger: Table Hopping Special Edition - Mixed Magic". It is a performance-only tape showcasing the close-up restaurant magic of four performers - Michael Vincent, Trevor Liley, Father Roger Crosthwaite, and John Gordon - in front of a lay audience. (There is a bonus section with Roger Crosthwaite at the end of the tape, dealing with the Diary Trick and including explanations of method. I have not checked whether this is a duplication - in whole or in part - of the material on the Diary Trick special tape.)

I do not know why my observations are at odds with Bino's, but the only place the frame you posted appears on my complete series of eight VHS tapes is in the opening credits of that Table Hopping Special. The frame is a still from a 35-second sequence that shows three of the performers (Michael Vincent, Roger Crosthwaite, John Gordon) and their host Amir walking towards the entrance of restaurant "Tandoori-nights" in Maida Vale, London - the venue where all performances on the tape were filmed.

My copies of these tapes were issued by The TRIK-A-TAPE Company (London) and sold in Germany through magic dealer Rudolf Braunmuller in the late nineties or early two-thousands. This may have been a re-issue of the tapes, which were all filmed in the eighties I believe (some, including the Table Hopping Special, don't have a year in the end credits).
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Thanks so much @Tilman for your clarification!