The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: A Bizarre Collective (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Joining The Bizarre Collective is free and easy and open to anyone with a little creativity regardless of skill, who wants to be a part of this unique and creative writing exchange within the world wide community of bizarre entertainers and enthusiasts.
All that is required to participate in this project is to submit a unique routine, effect, script, poem, or story that has been inspired by this months theme: "Adrift without a soul" (anything nautical, ghost ships, sailors tales, myths, etc).
PM for email
Bob
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
My submission was just emailed. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
That puts us at 5 submissions received and another 10 that plan on submitting by the 30th, plus several maybe's on top of that. That's quite impressive.
Especially considering this little project was born in the span of just one day over on the Dopps forum 15 days ago, the immediate support within this community is truly impressive!
Bob
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
The entries are coming in now. Still time to take part. Well worth entering something so you get to enjoy everyone else's contributions.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Don't get left behind, this side of the shore becomes a very lonely and creepy place at night.

Just ask these guys. They missed the last boat.

Bob
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Submission sent! Looking forward to the PDF.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This should be a fun one!!!!! Brings me back to the days of Real magic. Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
We Did It!

The participation in this project was simply amazing. Eighteen members of the community came together to make this happen, and the submissions are a true treasure chest of sparkling creative gems. The process of consolidating the submissions into a doc will begin on Monday. Then unique artwork will be created for each submission in the style of engraved prints similar to those posted in this tread. At current count the pdf will be over 70 pages. Looking to get this out to all the participants before Christmas.

Bob
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks for implementing such a great idea!!!! Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Can't wait to see the final result!
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

~ Alfred Tennyson
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Cant wait!
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Status Update

The layout of the document is going well. About 90% of the header artwork for each submission has been created and laid into the file. The remaining header artwork will be completed by weeks end. Then a few extra fillers and surprises to add, plus work on the cover art. After that it will be passed on to Joshua and Prof BC for their review, and final edits. At current count the document is 74 pages, not including supplemental attachments. On target for a holiday release.

Bob
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I will get my grog and pipe ready for sitting and reading these.

And while you're all waiting to read I'll share a little something. A little something Chris has asked me to make from his collective entry and said I could share. He's come up with a great nautical story around lovers coins and wanted me to have a go at making him a nice set of his effect. Method most of you will be familiar with put to great storytelling use. I think you will all enjoy when you read it.

Then a few extra cards I made to widen the possibilities of routines they could be used for.

Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
FYI, work on the initial draft has been completed and passed on to Joshua and Prof BC for their review and input. We're on track to get this out to all of the wonderful participants by the holidays.

P.S. here's a selfie of Joshua, Prof BC, and myself poring over the precious pages of prose presentations.
Bob
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Waiting in antici ................ pation to see what wonderful stories everyone came up with.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Something dark and foreboding looms far off on the ocean's horizon. Shrouded in an ominous clock of fog, and slowly edging its way closer.

Brace yourself for the souls that sail on this ship be not normal, and their tales most unnatural.

Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Keep an eye out tonight me-hearties, and watch with caution what the tides be bringing in. Not much longer before the holiday spirits of the day give way to the shadowy spirits of the sea in the darkest hours of the night. They're drawing nearer in search of you.

Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Keep a lookout on your inbox for "Adrift without a Soul - A Bizarre Collective." The files have all been sent out. A big thank you to everyone who participated in the challenge, this has been a true joy to put together for you and I hope each of you enjoy the collective pdf as much as I do.

Bob