The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: London Magic Convention - 5th November (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
Thought I'd give a quick plug for the London Magic Convention, which is this Sunday 5th November.

https://www.londonmagicconvention.co.uk/

I'm not affiliated with them, and they aren't aware I'm posting. Spotted there's a few tickets left, for those not aware of it happening.

I've attended the past few years and it's been very good, and there's always been some new releases launched there.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4812 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I use to love going when you could just rock up and pay at the door, the good ole day's.
Bill shrapnel
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Bill shrapnel
I think firework night is not the greatest choice of dates this year to be fair.
Plus it’s expensive and there are not many dealers and certainly not many decent ones.
6 decent ones at best from what I have seen.
Fire starter you will be in demand on bonfire night anyways.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I wouldn’t call £65 expensive especially when compared to the session. The dealers hall wasn’t bad last year, I suspect there will be more than listed on the website.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Surprised that Alakazam and Craig Petty not on the dealers list
Both there last year?
CARDashian
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of CARDashian
Got to say a Sunday in my eyes makes it a bit restrictive, Public Transport is a bit troublesome especially on Sunday services and the late finish would mean late getting home for an early Monday wake up. I do hope it goes from strength to strength and wish them all the best!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I think Craig Petty is in America with Ryland at the moment. I am hoping Alakazam will be there as they have a few bits I want.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
I’ll be there with something unreleased and a very special offer!

Really excited to be part of the dealers room and attend the convention. My personal highlight will be Marc Paul.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2023, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I think Craig Petty is in America with Ryland at the moment. I am hoping Alakazam will be there as they have a few bits I want.

Mark

Unfortunately Alakazam will not be going this year but you're always welcome to pop in the shop Mark. I'll have a cup of tea waiting for you!

Regards

Peter
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2023, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I wouldn’t call £65 expensive especially when compared to the session. The dealers hall wasn’t bad last year, I suspect there will be more than listed on the website.

Mark

I agree if you compare to the magic circle one day convention that was over £100

And look at the line up Marc Paul , John Lovick , Charlie Caper plus Mystery Lecture and Gala Show
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Gutted Alakazam aren't there, they always add a lot to the dealers hall.

But super excited to see what Chris Rawlins has up his sleeve.

It really is a super little convention and I think £65 is a bargain.
Bill shrapnel
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Bill shrapnel
The international convention was a lot better than this one.
Of course Blackpool is on another planet.
Some say it is as a place too lol, in convention terms though and even more so for the dealers it’s the complete an utter Daddy.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
The London Magic Convention was a great day, the Highlight for me was the Marc Paul lecture,

I would say this year had a larger turn than before and the dealers were on 2 levels

also just to correct what has been posted, Craig Petty did have a large stand at the end of the day he gave a few of us a preview
of 2 of his upcoming effects one from Penguin and a new one from Murphy's

Murphy's effect he shows us 7 of the different effects and this was just touching the surface of what can be done

I would say this is the most advanced Craig Petty Effect I have seen to date and will offer limitless possibilities

This is one effect I will be picking up once released