The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Team meetings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
Ok so every month I host a meeting for my employees which involves me standing there for an hour or two desperately trying to keep them engaged with boring presentations about company affairs. There are normally between 10 and 20 people in the room. Ive decided to throw in an ice breaker at the start of the meeting with something a little more puzzling or magical. Do you have any recommendations or advice that may help to keep my dreary eyed employees awake for a couple of hours?

Thanks

Kev
Jerry Hornak
View Profile
Regular user
Northwest Connecticut
134 Posts

Profile of Jerry Hornak
Hmm, so it needs to be things you can present in the small frame around you. Close-up magic abounds.

A TT/silk appearance/vanish.

Card warp could be held upright facing the cam.
(Me? I'd have to practice the moves a *lot* in the mirror before trying it that way, lol!)

Prof nightmare (Make your own in a smaller size/length out of 1/8" soft nylon cord?)

Block/cord release (easy to make your own, drill a 3/8" hole in a craft-store 2" cube and use 1/8" cord).

Heck, I'd even take a sip from my (empty) Starbucks cup (with a thumb-sized hole in the back). Then I'd pause, look at the slightly lowered cup, and then hold it with both hands. Concentrate and slowly open both hands to allow it to float a few moments. Let it start to drift lower and close your hands on it, quipping how it feels like you've done this before. Then shrug and say, "deja brew," or something less lame, lol.

I'm sure others will have better ideas.
Making Happy Memories for Children since 1980!
https://JerrysMagic.com