The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27 [Next]
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2024, BeePM wrote:
At 10.00 mins in to Lloyd's recent Blackpool video, looks suspiciously like the gimmick being used in another effect.

Great to see people pushing the envelope on its uses.

It's not S&W. It's Nicholas Lawrence's new effect called Swiss Key:

BeePM
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of BeePM
Thanks, appreciate the correction.

Bears more than a striking resemblance in design as well as name (Whiskey / Swisskey).
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Yeah, I like the fact they they match. Will enable some great routines.
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
92 Posts

Profile of Bozman
Hopefully they are an exact match (swisskey and whiskey) since they are both Hanson Chien. Could be some really cool combo effects coming out this year with S&W. Glad I pre-ordered!
-Bozzy
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2024, Bozman wrote:
Hopefully they are an exact match (swisskey and whiskey) since they are both Hanson Chien. Could be some really cool combo effects coming out this year with S&W. Glad I pre-ordered!
-Bozzy

Is there some pre order for the new stuff that I haven't seen? Or do you just mean that you got in on the first batch of S&W?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
2004 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
You can find my review in this thread, I show you everything in the video, I hope you will like it!

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
KyleLeon
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, ON
25 Posts

Profile of KyleLeon
The props are really well made, but man is the gimmick THICK for a normal key.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Thickness, with photo, was described in this post for reference.

House Key = 1.99mm
Hide-a-Key Gimmick = 2.29mm
Scotch and Whiskey Gimmick = 2.85mm

Quote:
On Mar 8, 2024, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2024, Shinobi Control wrote:
My gimmick is thinner than my actual real front door key.
Fantastic gimmick I love it.

Agree, they are fantastic. I don't understand the previous posts saying it's THICK. It is minimally thicker than the majority of keys.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I’m loath to say it, as I spent the bucks on the deluxe set and don’t want to own up to any buyer’s remorse, but I can’t say that I would be happy handing out the nest for inspection, which really is most of the point of the locking.

The key is, as has been stated above, too thick and, as such, is too obvious a clue to the method. We have all used and owned many keys and we immediately have a sense of what is normal and what is not. I can honestly say that I have never come across a key of this type this thick.

The only thing that mitigates is the excellent locking, the effectiveness of which may maintain the deception. But like I say, it just doesn’t look quite right.

Shame.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7575 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well PapaG, like you said, looks like it's not for you. I could say in the many many many times I've performed this, no one has ever noticed or said a thing. Heck, I even performed it for family once and they held it, examined it, picked at it, and couldn't find a thing.
The only thing people say after performing this is just how they are freaking amazed.
But every trick is not for everybody, you have to be comfortable with what you perform. Sorry you're going to miss out on this awesome effect. I really wish you would try it out, and not just once.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2024, PapaG wrote:
I’m loath to say it, as I spent the bucks on the deluxe set and don’t want to own up to any buyer’s remorse, but I can’t say that I would be happy handing out the nest for inspection, which really is most of the point of the locking.

The key is, as has been stated above, too thick and, as such, is too obvious a clue to the method. We have all used and owned many keys and we immediately have a sense of what is normal and what is not. I can honestly say that I have never come across a key of this type this thick.

The only thing that mitigates is the excellent locking, the effectiveness of which may maintain the deception. But like I say, it just doesn’t look quite right.

Shame.

Thank You for your post. Since I have no desire to hand the keys out and if I change my mind I can always perform a switch, I am glad I went with Christopher Rawlin's, Hide-a-Key. I enjoy routines in which the seperation of the keys for an appearance or reappearance is magical too.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
This is Don Wand

My personal opinion this is the Best we'll made gimmick I have seen.
I have not got no problem placing the keys in there hands. I'm not going to run when I'm not being chased.

My advice to a lot of magicians that only perform for family and friends is get out there and perform this for people that you do not know. They will be amazed and enjoy the magic even more.

Because your family and friends already know there is a trick to what your doing because you probably have told them how something was done in the past.

If you do magic for people that you do not know it will be so Much more Fun you will get a Rush because most people have never seen magic close up in there Life.

Also don't be a one trick pony carry 3 magic effects you really Love and perform them and save your Best for the Last!
That will help you to learn how to routine your magic. Best Wishes get out there and have Fun !!

Don Wand
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Anyone knows when a new batch will arrive?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Were can I purchase SWISS KEY ?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
There was a performance vid posted a while back The guy used to cross his hands over in the routine. Has anybody seen it and have a link to it. Cheers b
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I remember that! Oh well I guess we will just have to review FreaKey by Gregory Wilson where the idea came from. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, tophatter wrote:

It’s not been released yet
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
58 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:

Coming Soon Smile

You can join our secret group to get the latest info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hcpcc
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hey Hanson, when will Scotch and Whiskey be available again?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2024, Hanson Chien wrote:
Quote:

Coming Soon Smile

You can join our secret group to get the latest info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hcpcc

I no longer use Facebook. Is there any other way to get the info?