The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26~27 [Next]
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
This is Don Wand"

I just got my S&W set and wanted to share a idea that works on the fly if your doing walk around as far as resetting made easy.

The thing that helps reset it without saying
that you carry around.

I got one that's bigger around than a nickle and a quarter inch thick I put in my back pocket.
It works Great I just drop my hand to my back pocket and it resets it without scratching and not having to tell someone give me a minute.

You just pull the keys out and shake there hand or ask there name while you are doing what needs to be done it's so simple and makes its so easy for close up or table hopping works like a charm.

Enjoy and hope this helps solve a simple problem made easy!

Best Wishes
Don Wand
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2024, Don Wand wrote:
This is Don Wand"

I just got my S&W set and wanted to share a idea that works on the fly if your doing walk around as far as resetting made easy.

The thing that helps reset it without saying
that you carry around.

I got one that's bigger around than a nickle and a quarter inch thick I put in my back pocket.
It works Great I just drop my hand to my back pocket and it resets it without scratching and not having to tell someone give me a minute.

You just pull the keys out and shake there hand or ask there name while you are doing what needs to be done it's so simple and makes its so easy for close up or table hopping works like a charm.

Enjoy and hope this helps solve a simple problem made easy!

Best Wishes
Don Wand

Great idea Don! Thanks for sharing!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Not much to add about the effect and quality of the gimmicks that others haven’t already said, but I wanted to give a public thanks to Wilson. I had an issue with my initial order and Wilson / Hanson Chien Magic were responsive to help resolve the issue in short order. Thank you again, another satisfied customer!
SydBeckman
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
93 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
Anyone have any insight as to when they might be available again? I’d love a set.
Syd
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of magicday
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2024, SydBeckman wrote:
Anyone have any insight as to when they might be available again? I’d love a set.

I heard two weeks later, hope this help.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Will it be available via murphys retailers? Thanks.
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
A nightmare for me until now receiving my order Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think this is very well made, very clever gimmick. Curious as to what routine people are using with it or whether there are any clever routines/ideas out there for it since it has got into the hands of the people

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2024, Christopher Williams wrote:
I think this is very well made, very clever gimmick. Curious as to what routine people are using with it or whether there are any clever routines/ideas out there for it since it has got into the hands of the people

A.T.M I'm preferring the keys on the ring and grasping hold of both, then pull the Gold key off keeping fist closed.
This is magical in itself as it has penetratrated the solid keyring.
Then show hand empty and produce from wherever you choose. Dropped in pocket or handbag previously is my goal.
Prefer this to the shake disappearance.
Of course there are more advanced routines, but for now I'm happy with this routine.

It's such a fantastic bit of kit.
Love it..
Gerry

Thanks
tomelderfield
View Profile
New user
London, England
8 Posts

Profile of tomelderfield
Hello everyone! So happy to hear you are all enjoying Scotch & Whiskey! Hanson and his team have worked so much on perfecting the gimmick and are trying to get more produced as soon as possible. I am sure those of you with it already can see why it takes a bit longer to get more made up. Please do share any performances/ideas with us though as I love reading/watching them. I do not really come on here so @tomelderfield on instagram is best if you have any questions from me, or if it is a manufacturing question then it is best Emailing Hanson through his website/instagram. That is always best to get a response as soon as his team can.

Other than that, I really hope you go out there and get some killer reactions with this! Thank you all for the support!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Finally got mine. The quality is very impressive. This is easily a new favorite carry. When this is available again, get it.

The tutorial is good too. Tom, you are fun to watch. PS - Are you like 6'5" Tall and handsome... no fair. I was never tall, but I used to be handsome, lol.

10/10, this is a trick-of-the-year for sure.
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
57 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2024, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Finally got mine. This is a trick-of-the-year for sure.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned that this trick is already their Trick of the Year. It reminded me that nominations for the 2023 Trick of the Year are currently taking place on the Magic Cafe.

If you're willing to support our trick, feel free to visit the following discussion thread and nominate your top three favorite effects of 2023. Your support would mean a lot to us. (Voting deadline is 2/1.)

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=764659

We appreciate your support and participation!
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Ooooh...Dramatic deadline looming - Will my pre-order from Nov. 9th arrive before the February 1st voting deadline?
I
"Challenge Your Reality"
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
57 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2024, JosephKerr wrote:
Ooooh...Dramatic deadline looming - Will my pre-order from Nov. 9th arrive before the February 1st voting deadline?

If you have any questions, please email them to our mailbox.

Our team will reply during working hours.

Mailbox: hansonchienproduction@gmail.com
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I absolutely did. In December when the e-mail went out saying that there was an unexpected Shipping delay I confirmed my
address and asked if my order was going to be delayed until the Second batch in order to manage my expectations.
I was told then that it would be about 2 weeks.
I reached out again after 2 weeks and was told it would be in about a week - that was 10 days ago.
"Challenge Your Reality"
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1859 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I am very sorry to hear about this very poor service to you by Hanson Chien Productions. At this point it is quite unacceptable. I hope they make this right for you quickly.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Mine arrived last week, finally! I had similar issues as you Joseph, having to reconfirm my address etc. There is a quality issue with mine unfortunately and I have emailed customer services as I will need to send it back for a replacement. Will keep everyone posted.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Hi,
Anyone know when it will be available again ?

Thanks
AlvinMaker
View Profile
New user
United States
10 Posts

Profile of AlvinMaker
2nd batch of pre-orders just went live. To ship Late February,
crispy1970
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of crispy1970
Hi,
Can someone tell me how many extra routines come with the deluxe version?

Also, UK buyers, did you get hit with any extra import charges?

Cheers Chris