The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..25~26~27 [Next]
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
57 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
This is an update regarding Scotch & Whiskey.

If you have not received the package at the time of reading this message, we apologize for the delay. Although some customers have already received their packages, there are still others whose packages have been dispatched and have arrived in your country.

Due to the Christmas season and an unforeseen delay in our shipment, some packages may still be in transit. We estimate that they should arrive at your specified location within the next week.

Regarding the delay, firstly, we dedicated more time than anticipated to quality management to ensure you receive a product of guaranteed quality. Secondly, we used a new shipping system this time, which significantly reduces the shipping cost to you but also caused some delays due to our unfamiliarity with it. Initially, we expected customers to receive real-time email notifications upon shipping out. However, due to subsequent technical issues, we had to resort to manual updates, resulting in a significant delay in the provision of tracking numbers. Currently, some customers received their packages even before receiving the tracking numbers.

Meanwhile, we received feedback that some customers encountered shipment problems due to inaccuracies in their addresses. We manually corrected and delivered some packages, but there are still a few cases with incorrect addresses. Therefore, for these customers, we individually sent confirmation emails about the address updates. If you are unsure, please log in to whiskeymiracle.com to check the tracking status.

If you have not received any tracking numbers, there may be an issue confirming your address or pending updates to your order. In this case, feel free to contact us at hansonchienproduction@gmail.com for confirmation.

Lastly, thank you for your understanding and patient waiting.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
792 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2023, rowland wrote:
How do you find your whiskey acc. I’ve been onto their website and I can see my past orders but nothing about scotch and whiskey

Make sure you're not on Hanson's regular site but rather whiskeymiracle.com. I don't know that there should be any past orders.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My tracking shows the package getting to New York, and then it is sent back to China. Then back to New York.....and then back to China. Wonder what's up with that?
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, rowdymagi5 wrote:
My tracking shows the package getting to New York, and then it is sent back to China. Then back to New York.....and then back to China. Wonder what's up with that?

Mine showed the same thing, and then also says “Shipment leaves processing center” on 3 different days. Definitely weird, but I’m sure it’s just a glitch.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Looks like mine is going to be delivered today. Come on Mark the mailman. Smile
damonwebster
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of damonwebster
Some real bad customer service. After 3 emails, I was told it went back to China due to address confirmation. And I had ordered from Hanson before with the same info. In the emails I sent screen shots of the order including the address, email, cel #.
Today they finally responded:
"I apologize for the delayed response. Regarding your order of Scotch & Whiskey, Our shipping service provider has informed us that, due to difficulty confirming your shipping address, the original package was returned.
Once we confirm your address, we will arrange for reshipment as soon as possible and provide you with the tracking number promptly."
They accepted the payment just fine on Nov. 17th.
And now thy sent an mail with new products ready for pre-order.
Nope
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
792 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
My package also seems to have bounced around between China and the US. The China Express site says it's been sitting in Jamaica NY since the 20th, but the Post Office says it received the package on the 24th and should be delivered Thursday.

It seems to me based on all of the available information that there were two primary factors at play here.
1. Way more orders than Hanson expected
2. A new shipping partner that really screwed up

Hanson can't control the shipping screw-ups; his biggest fault was lack of timely communication and customer service. And perhaps he should have tried out the new shipping with a smaller batch of items. But few creators get this end of the business right, which is why most of them go through Murphys/Penguin/VI/Alakazam, etc. Hanson has had a good reputation thus far and hopefully there have been some lessons learned here. After all, this is the season for forgiveness. I for one am just excited to get this and hope it's as good as it seems.
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
89 Posts

Profile of Griflex
I wont be pre ordering from this lot again. Paid immediately beginning of November for Express shipping and just received shipping details!!! Oh and they quick enough to also send me details of the next set of pre order items....NOT HAPPENING!!!
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Yeah, hopefully this arrives at some point in the future, but I will never preorder from him again. This “new shipping partner” sucked a** and communication was horrendous.

I hope my set is flawless and lasts forever because I’ll never order another one.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I'm impressed that any of you were able to even track your packages. I couldn't. I manually entered the tracking number (begins with the letters AT), and was then presented with a puzzle piece, with the instruction to manually drag it to the corresponding outline at the right of the page. Did that, then.....nothing. Hilarious!
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
It's all been a bit shambolic and we have all hopefully learned from it..as has been said this long wait has always been tempered by the feeling that this product is a bit special..
Fingers crossed that it will live up to expectations.
Best wishes
Gerry
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1859 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, CardGuyMike wrote:
My package also seems to have bounced around between China and the US. The China Express site says it's been sitting in Jamaica NY since the 20th, but the Post Office says it received the package on the 24th and should be delivered Thursday.

Here is info on the Jamaica, NY International Shipping Center- https://www.usglobalmail.com/blog/jamaic......-center/
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
My sets arrived today.....it's perfect. (I actually couldn't tell without the "reset tool" which side of the gimmicked key it needed to be "reset" from. The machining tolerances are that good.)

I got Deluxe series sets w the Xtra gold & silver regular keys.

Tracking also showed mine sitting in Jamaica (New York) for a few days. I live up near Saratoga, NY, so if you are further, it should be arriving soon.

It's been immediately added to my truck key fob (via a NiteEyze carabineer...for added security.) I'll prob use the included round keyring to attach the set, by itself, to my belt loop when I'm performing often at art shows.

I had so many ideas for the swimming around to my head since I hit the order button, that it's now time to get to work!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Sounds fantastic Bryn,
Thanks for the news..
Gerry
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, damonwebster wrote:
Some real bad customer service. After 3 emails, I was told it went back to China due to address confirmation. And I had ordered from Hanson before with the same info. In the emails I sent screen shots of the order including the address, email, cel #.
Today they finally responded:
"I apologize for the delayed response. Regarding your order of Scotch & Whiskey, Our shipping service provider has informed us that, due to difficulty confirming your shipping address, the original package was returned.
Once we confirm your address, we will arrange for reshipment as soon as possible and provide you with the tracking number promptly."
They accepted the payment just fine on Nov. 17th.
And now thy sent an mail with new products ready for pre-order.
Nope

I haven’t heard anything, I hope this isn’t the case for me or I will be very unhappy. I hope that they worked hard to make this right for you and get it shipping on an express courier or something similar.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Received mine today. Machining is perfect. I will have no problems handing this key to anyone. There is nothing to see unless you let them think there is. It is a key. Well worth the wait and only one day after Christmas.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
People getting so upset about promises not being kept and late delivery (they’ll never buy a pre-order from Hanson Chien again!) and this item will end up being maybe one week late in arriving for most purchasers. For many it’s barely one day late. And this during the holiday season which is the busiest delivery time of the year!
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, videoman wrote:
People getting so upset about promises not being kept and late delivery (they’ll never buy a pre-order from Hanson Chien again!) and this item will end up being maybe one week late in arriving for most purchasers. For many it’s barely one day late. And this during the holiday season which is the busiest delivery time of the year!

My bad! Was I not supposed to believe Hanson when he said,

“We have partnered with a leading logistics provider to ensure that your order will be delivered to your door, at the latest, one week before Christmas“

Look, I’m free to spend my money where I want. I’m not going to give it to someone who isn’t going to uphold their end of the deal. Didn’t need to put it out there as a preorder with a guaranteed delivery date if he couldn’t deliver (pun intended) on it. Maybe you don’t expect to get what you pay for, but I preordered to have it at MINIMUM a week before Christmas as I was promised.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, Koolmagicguy wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, videoman wrote:

My bad! Was I not supposed to believe Hanson when he said,

“We have partnered with a leading logistics provider to ensure that your order will be delivered to your door, at the latest, one week before Christmas“

Look, I’m free to spend my money where I want. I’m not going to give it to someone who isn’t going to uphold their end of the deal. Didn’t need to put it out there as a preorder with a guaranteed delivery date if he couldn’t deliver (pun intended) on it. Maybe you don’t expect to get what you pay for, but I preordered to have it at MINIMUM a week before Christmas as I was promised.

If you want to sweat the small stuff, then go right ahead. I get it, we’re all a tad disappointed because we’re so excited to get this cool new prop.
I just don’t get why people seem so personally offended like they were purposely lied to. It’s pretty obvious these people have never run their own business, because as a small business owner, as much you try to honor your commitments, many things are out of your control and some clients will undoubtedly be unhappy. Now you could nitpick about the way Hanson handled some of his communications, and I agree there was room for improvement but I'm willing to cut him some slack especially since the majority of orders will arrive only a week or less late. Just a few days late, we’re not talking about weeks or months behind schedule.

To be fair, you took the statement of Hanson's that you quoted about ensuring your order arrives before Christmas as a guarantee. He did not guarantee it. You read that into his statement so yes, that is “your bad”. In retail, magic or otherwise, ensuring is different than guaranteeing. Now you can disagree with that but that’s how it's been for ages so keep it in mind in the future to avoid disappointment.
Zuko_magic
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Zuko_magic
Embarrassing to still be whinging about this.