The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..25~26~27 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
They just extended the pre-order period to Nov. 22.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Excited for this to actually ship so I can start playing around with it! Hopefully I made it into the initial shopping batch
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
958 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Doug conn Performance,Unboxing,Review of "Scotch and WhisKEY

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2023, tonsofquestions wrote:
Yeah, that's the only real interpetation. But that's a C/S then, not a S&S.

Isn't a SS a CS coin (albeit thinner) that nestslocks inside a turtle that matches one side of the CS?

I think that's perhaps what Roo meant, but simply misspoke.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2023, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2023, tonsofquestions wrote:
Yeah, that's the only real interpetation. But that's a C/S then, not a S&S.

Isn't a SS a CS coin (albeit thinner) that nestslocks inside a turtle that matches one side of the CS?

I think that's perhaps what Roo meant, but simply misspoke.

Bryn

Yes. Except he miscalled it several times as a S&S that locked into a turtle. Once is a missprak. Multiple times leaves me confused.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Anyone else dealing with a super long processing period? Ordered mine on October 26th and it’s still processing.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
Anyone else dealing with a super long processing period? Ordered mine on October 26th and it’s still processing.

You preordered a product which is not yet released. As of right now, we do not yet have a production/shipping date, but they have pledged that they will try to get the first batch of them out to us by Christmas.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Try!!!!
They assured us...here's hoping.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Excellent review by Doug!
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2023, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:

You preordered a product which is not yet released. As of right now, we do not yet have a production/shipping date, but they have pledged that they will try to get the first batch of them out to us by Christmas.

Yes. Correct. That was a test, and you passed. I absolutely read this whole thread and knew that information. I definitely didn’t not read everyone mentioning that.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2023, tonsofquestions wrote:
Why does Rooster keep saying "scotch and soda type gimmick, plus turtle" in his review? The turtle is as much part of the S&S as the C/S...

Yep meant C/S , if you’ve ever tried reviewing a product that sounds similar to another product and you have to repeat it over and over again, whilst attempting to be candid, it’s a bloody nightmare.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Ah, of course. I should have connected that struggle for the candid performance. Though you could have just called it a S&S equivalent - since it basically is. Smile
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2023, tonsofquestions wrote:
Ah, of course. I should have connected that struggle for the candid performance. Though you could have just called it a S&S equivalent - since it basically is. Smile

No worries! I did initially think to do so, however when reviewing something I try to keep it candid but also speak to the person who has maybe just started coin magic (or maybe magic in general). And most beginners I feel would understand what a C/S gimmick was over an S/S (C/S gimmicks tend to be used in more effects).

Anyhow hope that cleared things up. I’ve pinned post on the video incase anyone else was confused.
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
58 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2023, gtx magic wrote:

I was about to post it when I found out you had already posted.

I learned magic from Doug Conn's books at a young age, and I really appreciate his review of this product.
Bill shrapnel
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Bill shrapnel
Let’s just hope that those who ordered this first and way before the likes of David Penn got his review copy get these before Christmas as promised.
Otherwise we will be drinking Scotch and Whiskey to drown our sorrows.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
@Hanson Chien - just wanted an update for everyone on shipping timeframes. Are you still in line to meet your December 1st shipping date?
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
58 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2023, Jupiter47 wrote:
@Hanson Chien - just wanted an update for everyone on shipping timeframes. Are you still in line to meet your December 1st shipping date?

We're currently quality-checking the first batch of goods and plan to start shipping in early December.

Email notifications will be sent out to everyone at that time.

Thanks for your support!
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Thanks Hanson! I see this is now SOLD OUT - glad I placed my order nice and early
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
So, will these arrive before Christmas, as promised in the pre-order info?
Still waiting for shipping conformation after Hansons last update on this thread and Facebook.
Please Santa, be on time.
Gerry
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2023, gtx magic wrote:

Can anyone confirm if you purchase the Standard Edition can you perform the Key to Anywhere Effect, as David Penn gives the impression that this is the case

but the above review contradicts this