The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..25~26~27 [Next]
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
57 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Hi guys,

Here is Hanson Chien.

Those who know me, I seldom promote or hard sell my company's products, but this is an exception, and I must share it with you all.

Meet Scotch & Whiskey, Hanson Chien Production Company's flagship and signature product. I name it the ULTIMATE key gimmick of all ERAS and the truly best everyday carry magician can bring out always.

Admit that the real modern people only walk out with three common items - Smartphone, wallet, and key.

Scotch & Whiskey is ingenious key gimmick that instantly turns you into like the James Bond where you can always amaze everyone CONFIDENTLY. This gimmick was once thought impossible even by legendary magic producer Paul Harris. Read what he say about Scotch & Whiskey:

"I tried making a locking shxxl key myself a few years back... Finally gave up. But Calvin somehow cracked the code and created this perfect beautiful thing." - Paul Harris

Scotch & Whiskey, an EDC idea by Tom Elderfield and made possible by our VP and engineer, Calvin Liew. Thanks to his rich knowledge and skills from multiple industries producing experience, we are able to bring you this amazing piece.

I would love to share more with you. But for now, I will leave the fun of exploring in your hands.

Here are some teasers that you might want to check out:

Sneak Peek:

Vanish in Hand:

Vanish on Keychain:

---
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1207 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Would love to know if it comes with an additional brass key, so it can reappear somewhere after the vanish?
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
In fairness Hanson’s quality in products is very good as we all know, so I’m sure this will be very well made. I too would of held off for the locking version.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Those videos looked super! And it looks like from one of the videos You won't need a bang ring to reset. I think this is going to be really good.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
If reset is easy and doesn't require a bang ring, this looks like a winner.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I sold THE KEY cause of that reason it didn't lock ! This is the way it should be done if you look at the old thread I mention that . I will be picking this up for sure
are you supplied with a duplicate key ? I hope so ....
brainman
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

Profile of brainman
I LOVE THE KEY .. because of its non-locking modus.. funny but taste and need ist often so different ; )
Althogh this one looks nice.
THE KEY is super thin and feels like a real key - I wonder about comparing thickness.
If this one is also so thin like a normal key - I will buy this set also ; )
Peace!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Where will this be available to purchase & when ?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Gimmick key is 2.5mm thick, so I think it’s within what would be considered “normal” for a key so it shouldn’t create suspicion. But I guess we’ll have to wait until more people actually have them in hand to know for sure. I’m guessing it locks magnetically and not by friction so most likely will use a magnet to reset and not a bang ring, or bang key I guess in this case. Smile

Two packages will be available.

The standard package includes a gimmicked silver key, a gold plated regular key, and a spring keychain, allowing you to perform various effects, such as showing different colored keys and spectator inspection.

The Deluxe package includes additional gold and silver plated regular keys, and an extra spring keychain It enables advanced effects like multiple key swaps and placing the gold key in an impossible location, as taught in the instructions, exclusive to the Deluxe owners.

Standard will be $69.95 and Deluxe will be $99.95, at least initially.

Pre-order begins OCT 25TH, PST 12:00 PM.
Get on Hanson's mailing list for more info if interested.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Thanks for that. I was also wondering if it came with duplicates.

I can't help but think that it would be cool to do something like Gregory Wilson's Freakey (with the extras) and then a key-to-elsewhere as a follow up.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1707 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I bought his product and I will buy Scotch & Whiskey.
I see no problem here. Well done Hanson Chien & Tom Elderfield.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The only issues I have with this and the other non locking unit that was put out earlier by another manufacturer, is that they keys just don't quite look normal. They look nothing like a normal key.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like you get a lot more information after you subscribe to the mailing list at https://www.whiskeymiracle.com . After I hit join, they automatically sent me a link to a web page with A LOT of information!

The keys look normal to me. They are like the ones I have for my filing cabinets at my office.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Also just curious why people would specifically want this locking version over a non locking version (Chris’s)?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Locking and non-locking each have their advantages and disadvantages.
I remember way, way back in the day locking gaffed coins were all the rage, but working pros soon discovered that in many instances it was easier to have a non-locking version and simply switch out if you wanted to allow a spectator to handle it or use it in a different routine.

I believe that in theory a locking version may seem better but that isn’t always the case in actual use. I believe that was the point Chris Rawlings was trying to make as he said he looked into having his lock but decided there were more advantages in having it not lock. It’s kind of a personal preference I guess. But just keep in mind that having it lock sounds like it would be great but in actual use it may be more trouble than it’s worth.

But what I do really like about Hanson’s version is the different colors of the keys and possibly opening up the possibility of doing some copper/silver routines ala Freakey. That is what may give this new one the edge IMO.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I agree - the two-colors of coin here really takes it up a notch. The fact that it was just some texture on the head of the key made Hide-a-Hey less visible to me from a distance, and unless you explicitly point it out.
Holden
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Holden
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2023, videoman wrote: I believe that was the point Chris Rawlings was trying to make as he said he looked into having his lock but decided there were more advantages in having it not lock.

What were those advantages?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2023, Holden wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2023, videoman wrote: I believe that was the point Chris Rawlings was trying to make as he said he looked into having his lock but decided there were more advantages in having it not lock.

What were those advantages?

I believe Chris mentions what he preferred about the non-locking version more than once in the Hide a Key thread so you can check that out, but IIRC it was mainly the thickness of the key (which Hanson may have solved) and the added time and effort to reset. Plus the keys can accidentally nest prior to your performance while on your keychain. Also, I believe there are routines where having instant access to the nested key is needed.

I guess it depends mainly on how you intend to use it. I don’t mind that Hide a Key doesn’t lock but I did always wish Chris had made it with different colored keys. That’s the biggest improvement with Hanson’s version IMO even though the locking feature seems to be getting most of the attention.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
2004 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I didn't see the info but how is the reset? Is an extra tool required or can we reset it as a Magnetic Scotch and Soda just by tapping?
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2023, Roberto W wrote:
Also just curious why people would specifically want this locking version over a non locking version (Chris’s)?

I would rather have a locking version so when I make the key disappear in the spectators hand and pull out the fob with the single key left there is no chance that it will fall out as it would with Rawlins Hide A key version. Just one less thing that I will not have to worry about during performance.
Check out Bafflingbob.com