The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Wanna Cry my Fakini Ball collection, and how to save it safe !!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
Hi All,
Today I tidy up my old magic props collection, I didn't store my Fakini ball properly for my last use over 8 years.
Some of my ball sticked it together with differect colour ball, maybe the room tempture rise over the year, silcon start to melt. It really make me cry.
The first ball I just tear, pink colour stick on white ball ......... What a big mistake I make !!!!
The others I put all the ball in the bucket with washing hand soap and water to soak, finally separate safely,
I want to metion is better to use tisse paper to wrap all the ball before you keep it in the case. Or please share ur commet thx.

https://i.ibb.co/L57Wk11/20231021024611.jpg

David
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Sorry to read about what happened to your Fakini balls. Good idea to carefully wrap each ball individually in tissue paper to keep them separated ... or maybe a small cotton or linen drawstring bag to contain each ball ? I've only ever used the white balls , so I wasn't aware that the color would "bleed" and stick on from one of the colored balls. I suppose it is also very important to make sure they are stored in a cool environment to avoid any melting.

I wonder if you could color match a silicone paint to carefully touch up the spot on the pink ball , and just use plain white silicone paint to touch up the spot on the white ball ?

Click here to view attached image.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Frank used to ell the 2" set in a box with holes in it to keep the ball separate from each other in storage. You could make something similar out of cardboard I would think.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.