The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Please read this thread before posting about Ambitious Card! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1554 Posts

Profile of Cain
I am loathe to mindlessly repeat the above praise -- and I only post once per year -- but good job. Metathreads of this sort are extremely useful.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
yentlswolfs
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of yentlswolfs
I loved this thread. I've almost read them all.
opay
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of opay
Wow, I'm newbie here, and thanks a lot bout this info about ac
best regards

=payz=
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Thanks Samuel, it is very helpfull!
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Quote:
On 2004-07-22 20:02, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Use the search function and you can find lots of things without seeming both ignorant and arrogant.

jeez, speaking of IGNORANT and ARROGANT.

Sometimes the pot still calls the kettle black!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
And sometimes people never knows when they should and when they shouldn't talk Smile

Mr. Townsend was neither of those, just pointing out the fact that when someone asks a question that allready have been asked, various members has an affinity for almost attacking them with the words "USE THE SEARCH". The point with it, as far as I can figure, is that they seem to be both ignorant (not beeing able to find the search) and arrogant (just asking, and not even trying to figure ut out themselves before asking in a public forum). Please note that this is not my personal opinion.

Jonathan was just trying to help, and for that it shouldn't be suggested that he is ignorant and/or arrogant. And please use the PM-system if you want to tell someone what you feel about them, the forum is certainly not here for personal attacks.

-Samuel
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Nice job, wonder how long it took you to complete the list.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Don't even wanna think about it...Smile

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
toolman22
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of toolman22
Thanks for the great post!!! Answered a lot of my questions.
Zargo
View Profile
New user
Germany
74 Posts

Profile of Zargo
Great Job Samuel, made me think again of researching for new inputs on the AC.
So, after having done this big research, what is your own routine looking like
;-)? I am just curious...there are endless variantions out there.
If you like to elaborate, how many phases does your AC have and what beginning and ending?
Magic by Marko (Zauberer, Trick Artist from Germany)
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"!
(Walt Disney)
makingmuchomagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of makingmuchomagic
That really got me thinking- great post. I'd like to know how many phases your ACR have too.

A.H.
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Hi again.

I really just take my ACR on the fly, depending on the spectators and how much they like it Smile I'm very 'classic', nearly allways starting with a TL and ending with the bend. In the middle is more or less impromptu Smile

What about yours?
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
chr!s
View Profile
Regular user
newcastle
163 Posts

Profile of chr!s
Hi.
up until recently,i did a pretty standard,run of the mill routine on my ACR,but a little while back I developed it a little...i now force a card to start routine,and 2 duplicate cards are in play as well...this allows a double climax,wherein I have the marks card doubled with an indifferent card (back2back),pull the shapeshifter move to now display the indifferent card,simultaneously dropping a duplicate to the table/floor in front of the mark.nice little semi miracle.i then lose card again and pull 2nd duplicate from my wallet/their pocket/wherever I can load it.
thoughts?
"you can't see your own rub-a-dub..."
-richard sanders
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Well, the "magic" of the Ambitious Card is often created by the spectator signing the card, so that they KNOW that there can't be a duplicate. While your approach probably works great, I'd never do it - because if I did - there would be nothing to stop me from using a OWFD Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
Wow great post a lot of useful information, lots of stuff that can help create an entire routine for you. Must also mention that Daryl's Ambitious Card DVD is great and taught me a lot
Screen
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Screen
Thanks for this Samuel! A lot of my my questions were answered in one place!
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
Very nice! good work! The best ambitous card in my opinion would be bill Malone's....it's a real show maker. It always gets laughs and best of all, it's fun to perform.

Best wishes and great job again,
Jordan
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
Great dude! Thanks! you saved us lot of searching!
Bernini Juvenalis
View Profile
New user
Holland
25 Posts

Profile of Bernini Juvenalis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our filosofies about ambitious card routine (short): it's a card shark trick getting the card on top for dealing it out, the most clean method is performing it tabled in stead of in the hand, be creative, face up/ face down deck/ card revelation, one handed, slow motion, reversed motion, flourish, slopy from middle, from bottem, eyes closed, in spectator hands etc. You can use it for practicing your best card controls...may be for any use. Looking for the best effect (it's your starting point), developping new effect in hyrarchie.
thepspdope
View Profile
Regular user
With Roughly About
173 Posts

Profile of thepspdope
Top Notch! It's great to have so much info well organized.
I too favour a TL to start, and the bend to finish is always a gasper.
- just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you!