The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Media Star Pro vs Audio APE Pro (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Does anyone have experience with Promystic’s Media Star Pro vs Audio APE Pro? I’m looking to update my music control system and weighing these units for my best option. I plug into 1 or more Bose S1’s and prefer to be off power. I’m assuming I’ll need to plug either of these into a battery pack. Thanks!

Dan.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

I'd love to hear from anyone who may have some experience with either of these and could share their insights.

Thanks,
Dan.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
I have the same question Dan. Looks like no one’s listening..
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Media Star seems to be rather new and there may not be many users yet to review. I don't think the Dog Whisper has quite the perspective that I am seeking. I believe they're planning to have some new stock soon. I saw the unit at Magic Live but wanted to assess options first. Audio Ape already has some ongoing use in the market and I hope user experience mirrors that learning curve but I am a bit surprised that nobody has any sharable experience. On the surface both units look worthy of consideration but are they loaded with lots of tech options that I don't use? If I see some Black Friday pricing, I may have to consider that as a hopeful sign to purchase.

Dan.
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I used the first version of AA - rock solid product. I have heard complaints about the latest version, but no actual hands-on experience.

We switched to MSP back in 2018 - Been AMAZING! The only issue we have had is the remote has started to drain the battery lately. We bought a backup and will look into fixing the original.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Thanks Knight Magic!