The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Of Course I Can - Tom Dobrowolsk (a Magic Portal review) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday
Of Course I Can - Tom Dobrowolsk
$9.99
https://bigblindmedia.com/products/of-co......81192933

The Hype:
A BBM EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOAD VIDEO - Tom Dobrowolski’s ‘Of Course I Can’ is a complete and satisfying ‘cheating at gambling’ routine that could easily be your ‘one and done’ next time somebody asks to see a trick. It uses regular cards, a few simple sleights (including one of the most deceptive small packet card switches you’ll ever not see), and - like all Tom’s magic - is engaging, fun, and massively entertaining.

Tom designed it to be an immediate response to the question he was ALWAYS asked when he told people he was a magician - ‘Oh, so can you cheat at cards?’

‘Of Course I Can!’ he’d shout, and then proceed to show them this.

And now it’s your turn - learn ‘Of Course I Can’ and you’ll never be caught off guard again!

After a thorough shuffling of the deck you immediately produce all four aces. It’s impressive, flourishy… and way too obvious to ever use in a real game! So you offer to step it up and show them what real cheating looks like, and settle on a four handed game of Five Card Draw Poker. You start by doling out an ace to each player, and then you complete the hands by dealing out four face-up indifferent cards.

You know what’s coming don’t you… one by one those Aces vanish. And then when you turn over your own hand, they are SHOCKED to see…. well, incredibly it’s not the four aces. They truly have vanished. Nope, somehow during that demonstration you snuck in a royal flush in spades.

‘Of Course I Can’ is proof that you don’t need half an hour of performance featuring hundreds of tricks to blow your audience’s minds. This short, sharp, demonstration is the perfect bitesized treat and an essential for your locker.

My Take:
The trick starts with a cutting the aces phase which Tom admits is not that impressive. However, it does set up your spectator for a kicker ending.

One thing that I think is probably worth the price of the package is Tom’s instruction for the Optical Shuffle. In his hands, it is very convincing. You would swear that the cards are being shuffled.

At a couple of places, there are some small packet switches, both easy and convincing. One is a close cousin of the ATFUS switch, The other I hadn't seen before but it should fool the guys at your next meeting.

Of course, there is a stack involved. However doing the trick itself destroys any clue as to a setup. There are no difficult moves and a few minutes practice should allow this to be added to your set. After the initial cutting of the aces, the plot line suckers your volunteer into thinking that he is seeing an ace assembly so when a Royal Flush appears, it’s a shocker.

Big Blind has put out some nice Royal Flush routine with some of their artists, in particular, John Bannon. (In particular, Sizzle, where you not only have a Royal Flush kicker but the backs of the cards all change colors). This routine elevates Tom into the inner circle of BBM and you will enjoy performing it

Easy to perform. A nice routine at a nice price. Recommended.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Thanks Canady!
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday