The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Taylor Swift and the NFL (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Taylor Swift and the NFL are both influential in their own ways, but they cater to different audiences and serve different purposes, so it's not a matter of one needing the other.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, she's probably a very nice person, but she did break up with an actor I'm a fan of so...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n......27259534

Let me set this up; In the series "Supernatural," Sam and Dean Winchester are free lance monster hunters. One episode had Dean turn into a teenager! (A clever point on the part of the producers was to get the kid who plays Dean in flashbacks to actually play the "teenaged" Dean!) At a key moment, the kid turns to Sam and says; "We have to fix this! I turned on the radio this morning and Taylor Swift came on... and I liked it!" The episode turned out to hinge on the witch from Hansel and Gretel, who is now regressing adults into children to eat because; "A child goes missing, everyone notices. An adult disappears, nobody really cares." At the end of the episode, the witch is dead, Dean's an adult again, and as they get into the car, he turns on the radio and Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" comes on. Dean looks at the radio for a second and says; "Eh, it's not that bad." and leaves it on as they pull out. Two parodists named "Hillywood," took that moment and parodied "Shake It Off" with a song that dealt with the season where Dean had the Mark of Caine which was deiving him crazy;

So, Taylor Swift parody;
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It was just announced that yesterday Taylor hit Billionaire status.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
No surprise, she seems to pull in quite the crowds, here's a random clip of an
audience OUTSIDE of her concert. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T3SmMm8aRXc

At this rate, she'll become as big a celebrity as Criss Angel.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
LOL! Now that's something to shoot for!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2023, Mindpro wrote:

What took her so long?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
-Z-
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of -Z-
Looks like another PR stunt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Probably a successful one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What is the PR stunt? The romance? Perhaps. The success? Not at all.

She's the hottest artist on the planet, the biggest tour out there, she rakes in money in ways others don't or can't, she had challenged the system of ticket selling and resellers, then created, marketed, and distributed her own movie without the use of the industry standard machine for doing all of these things, she found away to rebound from her early music publishing being controlled by others in a very unique way that was quite profitable, she has 248 million fans and followers, and she seems to actually be a talented songwriter, recording artist, and live performer.

She also through all of this has acquired power. I just saw a detailed report stating that she has the following and power over her huge prime (18-34) demographic following to be able to, if she chose to do it, to influence them to vote in what would be record numbers and could actually single-handedly directly influence the outxome of teh upcoming U.S. presidential election!

This is more than a PR stunt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
She is possibly the first artist in the history of the world.

She is bank!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
But can she draw a straight line?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Its been very interesting to see the amazing impact she has had on the NFL. One analyst estimated it to be valued at $350 million with an impact that will be long-lasting far after this season/Super Bowl. Like it/her or not there is no denying her power, influence and impact.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don’t even know what team she plays for or what position.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3044 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Yup, like her or not, she is in Show BUSINESS. Working her butt off to be up there. No different from what Houdini would be doing if he were around today.

She is catering to people, and who they are, and what's important to them. To their emotions. She is doing it by presenting themes that touch people. She is not doing it by presenting decks of cards, or packet tricks, or boxes.

Yep, there's something to be learned there.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Absolutely! So many things.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My friend has no idea who Taylor Swift is or what team he plays for but does think the name sounds fast. Kind of like Usain Bolt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3044 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2024, Dannydoyle wrote:
My friend has no idea who Taylor Swift is or what team he plays for but does think the name sounds fast. Kind of like Usain Bolt.

LOL!
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Taylor Swift for the win! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
For sure
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2023, Mindpro wrote:

What took her so long?

Probably the same thing as Dolly Parton, she gives a lot of her money away on good causes.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax