The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Scott Alexander open orders - any updates? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hello everybody,
don’t want to appear heartless, I would like to know what will happen to the open orders after the death of Scott Alexander.
I had pre-ordered his new book last year. After his tragic death, I emailed his wife months later but received no reply. Since I am not on Facebook, I don't know how to contact her.
Since the order is paid, I would like to know if his wife will still release the book -possibly as Scott's Legacy- or if you can get your money back.
Do any of you have contact with Jenny or an idea what I can do?

Hope somebody can help. Thank you
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
I agree it's a sensitive area and we all want to not bother Jenny.

Jenny emailed me on 15 Feb to explain what had happened and said they'd be deadling with it in due course.
I received a refund via PayPal on 10 August.

It's a shame as I'd really hoped the book would still go ahead - as you say it could have been the second half of Scott's legacy.
When Scott emailed an update on 20 Jan, he said that Mr Lovick was in the process of editing so I'd assumed the bulk of the work had been done.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Hocus Pocus is selling off Scott's magic collection as it did with Daryl's collection after he passed away. I assume Jenny made that arrangement with Hocus Pocus. They might be able to give you an answer on Scott's yet to be published book. Lovick should know as well.

Bob Kohler might know something. He continues to sell Scott's magic on his website.
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2023, Leo H wrote:
Hocus Pocus is selling off Scott's magic collection as it did with Daryl's collection after he passed away. I assume Jenny made that arrangement with Hocus Pocus. They might be able to give you an answer on Scott's yet to be published book. Lovick should know as well.

Bob Kohler might know something. He continues to sell Scott's magic on his website.

Hello Leo,
thanks for giving me some kind of direction. I‘ll try to contact Hocus Pocus. May I ask who Lovick is?
I had no luck with Bob Kohler. According to his reply I have to be patient since Jenny is very busy.
Although I can totally understand it I would have been happy if there would be a better communication Smile
If someone else has another idea feel free to share it Smile
Best regards
Nikki
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Hello,

I too ordered the book and was quite excited about it. His “52” book is one of my fav’s!

I did receive the message saying they would be in touch. Sadly I’ve heard nothing since.

I did email once toward the end of summer and got no response.

I asked Hocus Pocus if they knew anything, and they said they knew nothing about this.

Hoping something happens, that was a lot of money. But worth every penny if we could even get a pdf of what was finished.

I
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I took preordered and very sorry about what happened to Scott and the family. However, that was hundreds of dollars of my hard-earned money and there should be an amiable resolution to placate all of us who beleieved in Scott and his magic. I think its been enough time and something should have been said and done by his estate by now.
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Thanks ns & magicbern for your feedback. I have still not received a feedback. What a shame. I believe Scott wouldn't have wanted it that way.
We should all keep trying and let each other know as soon as one of us gets feedback.

One thing that I personally find very unfortunate is that Bob K can't or doesn't want to help.
OK, I understand & no hard feelings, I just think it's a shame because they were business partners. I hope you all know what I mean

BTW: has anyone already tried to contact John Lovick regarding the book or if he knows something?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Kohler most likely can't do much about moving the book project along. Especially if he wasn't involved with it. Scott definitely would have wanted to see it finished.
kjones069
View Profile
New user
St Petersburg
7 Posts

Profile of kjones069
I echo all the sentiments here, both in being considerate and respectful of Scott’s family, as well as wishing there could be some communication not only about the future of the second book (either from the family or John Lovick).

I recently sent a message to Jenny via Facebook Messenger but understandably with it being the holidays, I have yet to receive a reply. Hopefully there will be some news on the book and the future of Scott’s shop website. Personally, in lieu of receiving a cash refund, I would be happy to simply receive a credit that I could use to buy some of Scott’s downloadable content, which is listed on his shop website: https://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/ . I would rather see that instead of seeing his legacy material being sold on pirate magic sites for cents on the dollar.

Perhaps one of the leading magic vendors would consider making Jenny a decent offer to purchase rights to Scott’s legacy products and download materials - I guess only time will tell.

It is a shame that Scott’s shop website (. I also pre-ordered it.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Just been on his website but it seems all products are sold out including his downloads. Any news on updates for Marvellous? I heard a person got a refund from Scott’s wife last August. What about the rest of us?