The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Hello, handcuffs behind or infront (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
piperdod
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of piperdod
Hello, I want to add a comic handcuff release into my act, looking at various videos and reading various scripts I'm trying to work out what could be the prefered method..in front ( hands hidden in a bag or a cloth on top) or behind the back, I like the cloth on top but it looks like it could go wrong, thanks for your help
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
In front with hands hidden in a bag. The Alan Wakeling Bag is the way to go here. Unfortunately it's been sold out for years. Viking Magic in Texas will be restocking this again in the near future. The Wakeling routine is also the way to go.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It depends on your storyline, really.

I have performed it both ways, they play differently in the mind of the audience.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Behind your back is more surprising. I've used it, then ask vol. to tie ankles - then come around with loose hands - saying 'don't have too' leading Vol into another effect(head chopper ?). Also with mentioning Bible Verse <> '1st Corinthians, 10:13'