The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Intuitous 1.1 - 51 Faces North (by Northwest) (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
An original solution the classic Open Prediction plot or 'the Curry Unsolved Card Problem'. This is a homage to Paul Curry and Stewart James, with a respectful nod to other solutions or variations created over the years.

This version involves no stooging/instant stooging and can be done with a borrowed deck (or borrowed decks) I would also argue it meets all the "conditions" of Open Prediction but then again I don't really believe in conditions for magic tricks - conditions are for scientific experiments! Magic tricks are deceitful by nature...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9cQdGUkfI

Full details of the project including subsequent version are available on my website, https://jnmagic.blogspot.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Looks amazing- good luck with your 1st release!
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
It look impossible congrats !!!
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Hello, is anyone in the community (Someone that everyone here knows) that can attest they know you and trust you ? For a kickstarter it would be useful
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey Dreda,

I have spoken to Jerry before through email in the past.

He is a really knowledgeable person, as well as super smart as well.

Plus the kickstarter goal is cheap if you ask me. I have told Jerry I will happily donate a lot more than what he is asking for, for the PDFs.

I am excited to take a look at this, and learn and study it, and save it for those special occasions.

I trust Jerry, and he is not in it for the money, for what I know so far, his version of 51 Faces North ticks all the boxes.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
I also have backed the project. I have a bi-weekly gig at a local bar & Grille. I have been using Mick Ayer’s “In plain sight” to great succes and reactions. But with many regulars, it’s time to retire that effect and utilize a new one. I’m not looking for a holy grail, just a good open prediction that can happen mostly in the spectators hands and crate a great moment of entertainment for the customers. I’m looking forward to this open prediction.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I have now taken a look at Version 1.1 (from the video), after paypaling Jerry some money earlier today.

I want to properly review it, so in the next couple of days I will do so.

I have a magic convention this weekend that I organize with some of the best talent from around the globe, so I will try to do it before then.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
For those of you interested in Alex's review, here it is...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......tart=0#1
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I have never backed a KS project and ones I have looked at had physical product goals. What does the backing lead towards? A published physical book, video tutorials?

Your Risks and challenges state (and I am paraphrasing) ...to prevent piracy and plagiarism and to help you keep creating. Please forgive my ignorance, how does a Kickstarter prevent the piracy and plagiarism? How does it help keep ones creativity?

By the looks of things, you have a winning project and I don't understand why an asking price is not offered. Future updates would be shared with those that purchased it. For example
Elliot Bresler's SWITCH CRAFT, a one time purchase, yet he updates his work and those that have purchased his e-book (e-tome) receive them. New purchasers get the current revision.

What is the difference if a person backs with $5 vs. $25 vs. $50? If your project does not meet expected goals it will be a financial loss to you and all backers will have gained from your efforts.

Please don't look at this as being negative, I am just wanting to understand before I back your project.
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2023, Wravyn wrote:
I have never backed a KS project and ones I have looked at had physical product goals. What does the backing lead towards? A published physical book, video tutorials?

Your Risks and challenges state (and I am paraphrasing) ...to prevent piracy and plagiarism and to help you keep creating. Please forgive my ignorance, how does a Kickstarter prevent the piracy and plagiarism? How does it help keep ones creativity?

By the looks of things, you have a winning project and I don't understand why an asking price is not offered. Future updates would be shared with those that purchased it. For example
Elliot Bresler's SWITCH CRAFT, a one time purchase, yet he updates his work and those that have purchased his e-book (e-tome) receive them. New purchasers get the current revision.

What is the difference if a person backs with $5 vs. $25 vs. $50? If your project does not meet expected goals it will be a financial loss to you and all backers will have gained from your efforts.

Please don't look at this as being negative, I am just wanting to understand before I back your project.

Will try my best to answer,

In my experience, everything these days ends up on some p2p file sharing site, or some illegitimate site selling copied versions of files. So my thoguth was, if I can gurantee myself a certain amount (eg £1000) that's probably what I would have sold the effect for if I was selling exclusively. So if I can raise that from a KS then I don't mind what happens therafter, I'll still continue to sell but if it inevitably ends up on some rogue site then I won't be as bothered as I'll have made what I felt it was worth anyway. Sorry, but I hate piracy and the modern way of trying to find things online for free or cheap.

As for what backers will get, this is laid out in the KS page. There are 3 tiers for £15/£20/£25 - the first is the core effect as shown in the video, the mid one includes a second effect, the 3rd includes 3 further additional effects (all described on the page). All will be sent in the form of pdf documents.

If the KS fails there is no real financial loss, to my knowledge all the pledges are returned and I don't get anything, it didn't cost anything to set up (except time!) so nothing is lost. In the event it does fail, I plan to offer to sell directly to all those who backed it.

Hope that makes sense
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you for explaining and makes a lot of sense. Now I just need to decide on the teir.
Thank you again.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1701 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I have a feeling reading between the lines from Alex's review that it does'nt always look as good as in the video.
But I backed it! I have wasted a lot more than 15 bucks on a lot less!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2023, Markymark wrote:
I have a feeling reading between the lines from Alex's review that it does'nt always look as good as in the video.
But I backed it! I have wasted a lot more than 15 bucks on a lot less!

thank you, and thanks to all the backers so far. And hopefully to allay your concerns, there are no other outs if that's what you are thinking
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
Does the £25 pledge include 0.1 version or only 1.1-1.4?
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2023, Chris.k wrote:
Does the £25 pledge include 0.1 version or only 1.1-1.4?

It includes all, 0.1 & 1.1 - 1.4
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I have just backed your project
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2023, Wravyn wrote:
I have just backed your project

Thanks for the support, much appreciated
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Hi,

Can we participate via PayPal or other means ? I just missed the last day of the kickstarter
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2023, Dreda wrote:
Hi,

Can we participate via PayPal or other means ? I just missed the last day of the kickstarter

sure, have pm'd you
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
I missed the kickstarter as well. Let me know if this is still available.
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.