The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Name of effect<< (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I have posted this many years ago ...
but forgive me. Now that I need it, I can't remember the name of the effect.

I know the method, but I am looking to find a magic supplier.

A small spread of cards are shown - approximately 6 - and a card selected.
All the cards are put onto a wooden "chopstick" and the chosen card rotates 90 degrees to reveal itself as the chosen card.

Can anyone remind me of the name of this effect, and where I might possibly buy this please?
magictaffy
View Profile
New user
Cardiff,Wales.UK
94 Posts

Profile of magictaffy
Hiya, I think this might be the same thing, not sure? I bought a box set of Collectable card tricks from Marvins Magic years ago, it included something called Magical Masterpieces as part of The Collectable Card Tricks boxed set. The cards were paintings by the masters, one would be selected and a blank card would be presented with a small paint brush and the spectator is asked to paint the brush over the card, the selected card painting was returned to the small packet and the brush inserted through the hole in the picture, you let the cards turn 90 degrees and hey presto, one card, the selected card is revealed.
Not sure this is what you had in mind, was supplied through Marvins Magic, not sure if they still sell it though?

Hope this helps, good luck.

Paul
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thanks Paul
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
I think that I had this effect? I think it had holes on both ends of a card. It may have been from Supreme Magic England? Bob
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
If you google chopstick card trick a few options will come up.
Topper2
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Topper2
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2023, bobmag56 wrote:
I think that I had this effect? I think it had holes on both ends of a card. It may have been from Supreme Magic England? Bob

I had that trick also, in fact I bought it twice before finally giving up on it. The trouble was that the holes on the two ends were of different diameter and the more you did the trick the more worn the smaller holes became so that they quickly became as large as the bigger holes and thereafter the trick ceased to work reliably. Anyone wanting to feature that effect would have to keep replacing the cards, which no doubt would please Edwin as it kept his revenue ticking over!