The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Off Stage by The 1914 and Alexander Marsh (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi, I was trying to find any reviews for Off Stage but can't seem to find it any in this forum. Not sure if there had been any reviews done before? Would like to hear thoughts from those who have it if the routines are really practical without lots of setup. Thanks!
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2023, dawnzubair wrote:
There you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evrzr6Q7GnY

Hey thanks for sharing!
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I believe that the nail writer concept, as described in this project, is an uncredited original Bob Cassidy idea.
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
That is correct PapaG! I read it here on this very HTML Forum Cafe - I was sure I had credited Bob, and mentioned that I read about the idea here in the Cafe, but maybe the take used in the final product I didn’t which is a shame.

Thanks Bob.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
For what it's worth, I found that it was a lecture that I appreciated more after watching it than while I was watching it.
There were a couple of techniques and moments that really gave me pause.

The serial number routine I practically skipped over with a "right right got it." I knew the technique and liked it and didn't even bother.
Then literally the next day I used it-- and it was terrific. (Plus I used polymer bills just in case that matters to anyone)

But the getting the one ahead on the Charades routine is pure evil. Audacious. Beautifully bold.

D
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
UXPro
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of UXPro
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2023, Alexander Marsh wrote:
That is correct PapaG! I read it here on this very HTML Forum Cafe - I was sure I had credited Bob, and mentioned that I read about the idea here in the Cafe, but maybe the take used in the final product I didn’t which is a shame.

Thanks Bob.

In case this was bothering anyone, two months later, you DO in fact credit Bob Cassidy. It's in the Memories Method Part I chapter, about 40 seconds in.