The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Depository :: DMC ELITES Decks - Editions, Versions & Variants (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Below is a short list of DMC Elites releases compiled by a friend of mine, a fellow collector who is not a member of the Magic Café™ (yet). In the process of assembling my own collection of the Elites, I have come to the conclusion that the list may be seriously incomplete, since I have subsequently run across two distinctly different versions of the Forest Green decks as well as two of the Red ones, one of the latter of which (known as 'Royal Red') is for sure V5 but the other questionably V4 (unopened as yet, since it is my only specimen & I want to keep it sealed for now).

If anyone can provide a better, more complete list of Elites I'd love for you to post it here for the edification of all. Also, in particular, if you happen to know whether the Reds were manufactured in both V4 and V5 versions, I'd really appreciate knowing about that as well. (I also have reason to believe that there may be more than one variant of the Black/Golds that is not Private Signature.)

Thanks in advance for any help with all this.

Black/Gold (2015)
Rouge (2016)
V4 Forest Green (2018)
Pro Gaffs V1 (2019)
V5 Red (2020)
V5 Midnight (2021)
V5 Amethyst (2021)
V4 Private Signature Sovereign (White/Gold) (2021)
V4 Private Signature Sovereign (Black/Gold) (2021)
V5 Lagoon (2022)
V5 Private Signature Arancio (2022)
V4 Forest Green Phantom Finish (2022)
V4 Sovereign Blue (2022)
V4 Private Signature Ghost (Mocha) Edition (2023)

PS - The Alphas were intentionally omitted from the list above. Feel free to provide such a list (separately, please) if you care to.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
While I don't collect them, I appreciate your efforts to document the variants. I hope others will share their input on the ones you have questions about.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Thanks for your input, Ray J.

Sadly--although perhaps predictably--as a collector, I have gleaned considerably more useful info about these wonderful decks from chatty vendors on the Big Auction site than from fellow mages here on the Cafe. The reason, I suspect, is that magicians tend to be a practical lot, who purchase decks of cards because they actually USE THEM and thus wear them out relatively quickly from having them written on, having drinks spilled on them, etc., etc. Thus, they tend to be frugal, buying in bulk and purchasing less expen$ive brands (such as those from Penguin) when they are young and have good visual acuity, then perhaps indulging in decks with larger markings--and higher prices--later on, as both their eyes and bank accounts "mature" with advancing age.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.