The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: David Copperfield's Project Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SandyAE
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of SandyAE
In case some of you haven't heard about this program before here is an excerpt from the first page of their website (projectmagic.org):
"Project Magic is an innovative program that uses magic as a form of therapy for people with physical, psychological, and social disabilities."
It was started in 1981 by David and I noticed when browsing the internet that the program is still around today. I ordered the course material from their
site and received it a few days later. Project Magic combines the talents of professionals in the entertainment field and those in the medical field to provide a quality of therapeutic training for patients far ahead of traditional rehabilitative programs and techniques. Patients involved with this fun, stimulating activity experience enhanced motivation. I'm very much looking forward to get involved in the program myself.
Anyone have anything to share about their past or current experiences with Project Magic?
MT
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of MT
I heard about it at magic live long
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I also would like some feedback. Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well this will definitely date me. But when David Copperfield started this he did a fund raising special kind of get together at the Magic castle with several Magicians.
Harry Anderson was one of them.
I believe it was a $100 per person and It was a wonderful wonderful time and he actually taught some of the effects if not all of them That would be used to help in physical therapy. I remember the rubber band trick the most. I remember I saw Harry Anderson do a card sword effect and I was hooked. I had to know how that was done and yes I ended up purchasing it.
I wish I could remember more clearly but it was so many years ago and it was absolutely fantastic and it was a wonderful wonderful idea.

If memory serves me correct I had just gotten into magic and I believe the event at the Magic Castle was somewhere between 1982 and I believe 1985 somewhere around there. But the thing I remember the most was how excited David Copperfield was about this and how personable he was and so grateful that people were interested in this and dedicating their time to help other people.
It was absolutely wonderful.
Now I may be wrong on this but if I'm not mistaken. I believe Lance Burton was there as well as Jeff McBride.
But I just cannot remember if that's where I saw them perform or not but I think so.
I know it was a very big event.

Good magic too all,

Eric