The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: New Doppelganger Book (123 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
14 left after 27 minutes...could be a record!
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I got lucky 13! Smile
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Just 3 left now.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
1 left, hurry!!
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Sold out in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Pretty close to the previous Dopps record:
"The new Dopps by Prof BC is sold out in 1 hour and 15 minutes"
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Congrats & a BIG thank you to the good & awesomely fan-dilly-tastic ProfBC for this absolutely grand Dopp's you have created, produced & shared with us !!!!

& Congrats to all the new Dopp's owners with this as their 1st & introduction into another world of bizarre book tests !

& thank you Dan for hosting this party & a very smooth sellout Smile
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I have the M.R.James ones and jekyll and I'm not rich by any stretch of imagination, if I choose one of them, I'll probably do without something else, it's all about the value you see in them.
I see them as a work of love and dedication presented to us, to be able to share the spirit of the story with audiences that may talk about their experience for sometime, maybe not. But like paying more for a fine sable brush,
I choose my tools with care to bring about the finest art I can, oh , and yes, I use them
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
597 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Had to skip this one...
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
It looks like quite a few of those who managed to purchase a copy of Contact last night are new to the world of Doppelgängers. If you are one of those lucky people then when you receive your physical copy please do follow this thread for The Haunted Ones detailed instructions on how to join the Dopps Forum:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......um=221&0

Your new book is am absolute wonder in its own right as is the performance manual (which has just significantly reduced the memory on your pc/laptop/phone/tablet!) But it will be enhanced to a ridiculous extent by your (completely free) membership of the forum.

Amongst the dusty shelves (the vacuum cleaner is broken at the moment) you'll find extra routines and add ons, hints and tips on learning to use and perform with your dopps and the combined knowledge of those who have owned and used their dopps for years.

And it's a wonderfully friendly place too (just don't annoy the Librarian)
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2023, Bogbadger wrote:
It looks like quite a few of those who managed to purchase a copy of Contact last night are new to the world of Doppelgängers. If you are one of those lucky people then when you receive your physical copy please do follow this thread for The Haunted Ones detailed instructions on how to join the Dopps Forum:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......um=221&0

Your new book is am absolute wonder in its own right as is the performance manual (which has just significantly reduced the memory on your pc/laptop/phone/tablet!) But it will be enhanced to a ridiculous extent by your (completely free) membership of the forum.

Amongst the dusty shelves (the vacuum cleaner is broken at the moment) you'll find extra routines and add ons, hints and tips on learning to use and perform with your dopps and the combined knowledge of those who have owned and used their dopps for years.

And it's a wonderfully friendly place too (just don't annoy the Librarian)

So many good ideas as well as seeing the wonderful ways people have put theirs to use. Thanks for the reminder.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
My first Dopps! Is there a checklist for all of the others?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2023, saturnkk wrote:

Yes.

Once you get into the Dopps forum (instructions in the front of the manual you were provided when you purchased it from Lebanon Circle; also discussed two posts above your post to which I am replying), there is a subform called The Hidden Hallway. Enter there, then look for the Complete and Accurate Compendium of Prof BC Creations. There, you will find what you are looking for.

And so much more.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

David
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2023, David Eichler wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2023, saturnkk wrote:

Yes.

Once you get into the Dopps forum (instructions in the front of the manual you were provided when you purchased it from Lebanon Circle; also discussed two posts above your post to which I am replying), there is a subform called The Hidden Hallway. Enter there, then look for the Complete and Accurate Compendium of Prof BC Creations. There, you will find what you are looking for.

And so much more.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

David

When you get there just say hi and do shout if you get lost in the corridors - One of us will be lurking somewhere.
The Complete and Accurate Compendium is 'mostly' accurate because every now and then Prof BC mentions something remarkable that he made but had forgotten to mention before or Dan finds something spectacular down the back of his sofa. I do try though!
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I had to skip this one also.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Thought I had this but then my credit card company screwed up with incorrect account for debit. Blew up my bank account due to wrong source. Anyway, short of it is I lost out on my Contact purchase.
I am selling off a few Dopps (some saved and will not sell) in a package deal and hope to make a trade or deal with someone for a Contact (if you get more than one!)?
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Arrived safe and sound yesterday and is as expected a perfectly devious work of wonder wrapped up in a bomb proof artisan crafted shell of beauty. It will be coming out to play next Sunday and will not have a chance to gather any dust this Hallowe'en season.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Mine arrived yesterday and I can stay it is truly impressive! While this is my first "DOPPS," it is by no means my first Prof masterpiece.
That being said, I think the book cover, while adding eye appeal, certainly makes the tome seem more like something off the shelves of Barnes and Noble than from the back room of some almost forgotten bookstore.
The book itself is nicely (lightly) aged. Not sure what to do with the book cover LOL.
Overall 5 stars!
Can't wait til Halloween to give it a try!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
For anyone wanting a recap of MR James

https://youtu.be/WRm9zB8hduQ?feature=shared
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
597 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thanks a lot Joshua!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
FYI,C0ntact there's one in the 4 sale section now, (not me)