The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: New Doppelganger Book (123 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
Thoughtful commentary on these effects with some great insights from Bogbadger, and valuable context from the Professor himself. And while not in agreement with the notion that nobody performs these effects, I am with Bogbadger in the view they can be intimidating, to me at least. As RCP points out, they can be quite challenging to present and, in the wrong hands, terribly boring. I wish there were some videos of these effects being performed properly. I for one would find that invaluable. The closest I have been able to find, that is somewhat in this realm (and I hope I’m not ruffling any feathers with the analogy), is Todd Landman’s excellent performance of L*n@. Perhaps, some day in the not too distant future, someone will record a Dopps performance to share with us.

https://youtu.be/C5AN6wkyPkY?si=z1t9Cr-RTWTwbF2-
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Balzar, my apologies I'm a clumsy writer and didn't explain myself well. I find performing in front of a group of people very difficult, but one or two much easier. And I find performing a basic dopps routine with one or two people less stressful of all, because I know my dopps so well they do all the hard work for me. I started out with M*re Gh*st and so I learnt the full phrases and all the bells and whistles (don't blow it) It took me a long, long time because my short term memory is pants but now it's in there and has been moved across to my long term memory it's there to stay! And so the progression to a standard dopps was a doddle, I open any dopps now, even one I've never seen before and it's just an old friend wearing different clothes. That's the beauty of dopps.

Dopps routines on video are rarer than Dan Baines rocking horse poo - but Todd also has a short but ridiculously lovely dopps performance with CC on his YouTube channel. When I can do it half as well as Todd Landman does I will be a very, very happy bunny.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Hi Reese! Just my two cents. I perform with Dopps. It is probably the strongest effect I've ever worked with. When I say the hit word just as a spec's eyes are glancing over it, the impact is massive to the recipient. It is not an exaggeration for me to say that YEARS later, people still recall that moment and share it excitedly. It's that powerful. CONTACT is certain to be one of the crown jewels in this amazing creation and I'm very grateful to Prof BC for deciding to share what was originally for his personal use. IMHO, The trick Ito performing Dopps is to use it with small, intimate audiences and make certain everyone has a book or gets a turn with it.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
909 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
You probably don't need reminding, but it's almost the 24 hour countdown to the launch of CONTACT by Professor BC!

A full preview is available via the link below -

https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collecti......prof-bc
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
I just have to say, I have enjoyed reading this post of everyone's responses. Even with the investment of time and money to do these wonderful creations justice, it is to me, a most affordable price of admission to be a member of this unholy ministry of doppelgangers.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2023, Some_Magical_Idiot wrote:
I just have to say, I have enjoyed reading this post of everyone's responses. Even with the investment of time and money to do these wonderful creations justice, it is to me, a most affordable price of admission to be a member of this unholy ministry of doppelgangers.

Great perspective. Well said.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
There have been rumours circulating on the various forums and Facebook groups that some individuals may be employing nefarious means to secure a copy of Contact tonight! A reminder that we are all friends here and I for one will just be queing patiently with everyone else and perhaps keeping my fingers crossed that I might be one of the lucky 100.

Good luck everyone!

Mwah, ha ha ha ha!

Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
This is one of those times a Tardis would come in handy LoL
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2023, Merlinsmagic wrote:
This is one of those times a Tardis would come in handy LoL

It did. Phew.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
LoL, I even tried to consult a couple of wise monkey's guarding my other Dopp's to help out - they just stare at me, so I assume they are telling me the lesson of patience to all those that good things will come to.....(sticks tongue out at monkeys.....lol)
Satire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Satire
Well, this was the most stressful part of my day. My F5 key is looking worse for wear... now to eagerly await the arrival!
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
72 copies gone in 5 minutes
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I'm in and elated. Can finally join the Dopps forum when it arrives!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
YAAAAA, monkeys no help, but reading manual now.......ahhh, a relaxing way to spend the wkend reading up on Smile

& Dan, looks like your website didn't into go balistic withdrawals from a ramrod of orders.....

Thank you Prof BC & Dan !!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2023, pulpscrypt wrote:
I'm in and elated. Can finally join the Dopps forum when it arrives!

Welcome aboard! do say hi when you enter the dusty corridors - I'll be lurking in the reading room.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
10 minutes after release and only 21 left!
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
I got mine! First Dopps for me, can't wait.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Contact seems to be selling at the same rate as Enchanted. Maybe a little faster.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2023, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Dan, looks like your website didn't into go balistic withdrawals from a ramrod of orders.....

Yes Dan.
Much better this time around. My adrenaline barely spiked. Very smooth purchase.

Thank you
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2023, questort wrote:
I got mine! First Dopps for me, can't wait.

Please do shout if you need any help finding the instructions to join the dopps forum when your dopps arrives. It will be great to see you there and it will enhance your doppleganger experience exponentially.