The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: DIY ring grinder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Wondering if anyone can share with me how to build a ring grinder? Nothing fancy. Just something to secretly steal the ring and produce it elsewhere. Grinding noise obviously important.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Any vanishing box, small drawer box, etc. (many can be in any china town gift shop-) attach a grander ? (new years-birthday-etc-) grinding effect noise maker. ???????
jccooper
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of jccooper
For noise, look up ratchet noise making toys. Or perhaps use a mechanic's ratchet for a more metallic sound. Attach to whatever sort of vanishing box you like, like a Lippincott box.
-Z-
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of -Z-
I'm replacing my ring grinder gear with a jack in the box music mech. I find the sound to be less abrasive.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2023, jccooper wrote:
For noise, look up ratchet noise making toys. Or perhaps use a mechanic's ratchet for a more metallic sound. Attach to whatever sort of vanishing box you like, like a Lippincott box.

An olde time Watch Winder might work well. I wonder if these are still being made since watches no longer "wind"?