The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: On Stage Vanish Recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ragaje
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ragaje
Greetings! Looking for suggestions for the easiest way to vanish a person (me) on a proscenium stage.
Stage has no traps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Hey good question.

Are you working with any girl assistants? If you are, how many?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Wasn't there one with a 3 fold screen - - and 1 assistant.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3699 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
A tip-over trunk will work.
Derdeutscherein
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
12 Posts

Profile of Derdeutscherein
The mummy sarcophagus illusion can be adapted for both appearing and disappearing stage effects. It primarily depends on the presentation and routine designed by the performer. In an appearing version, the magician or an assistant might seemingly emerge from the sarcophagus. In a disappearing version, the performer could enter the sarcophagus and then mysteriously vanish. The versatility of this illusion makes it suitable for various magical performances.The mummy sarcophagus illusion can be adapted for both appearing and disappearing stage effects.

If you're looking to disappear from the stage and reappear elsewhere, like in the back of the theater or in the middle of the audience, I'd recommend considering an elevated platform combined with black art techniques. This can create a powerful illusion.I'm not sure about your capabilities for building elaborate props. If you're aiming for simplicity and using objects you can find around your house, consider experimenting with sheets or large cardboard boxes. These materials can be versatile and more accessible for a DIY approach to magic illusions. Let me know if you need more guidance on a specific method!
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
Things don't get simpler than a black art table, assuming the stage has a black backdrop and has curtains that can be drawn after the vanish.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Creative Magic's Flip Switch.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.