The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Food for thought :: Will AI ever take over magic? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16551 Posts

Profile of tommy
In the native American tradition, it is said that everything has a spirit. Therefore, I say, let the Witch Doctor have the apparent ability to control the ghost in the machine.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3227 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Current A.I. can do some impressive things, however, it's more Artificial than it is Intelligent. It's generalizing based on training data.

At some point, maybe even in my lifetime, I think there will be very creative machines that will be able to create great routines.

Plot twist: This guy is really a robot! Smile

Human Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxFyiWwZTE
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
UKNeil
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
I asked AI
"How does the card to wallet magic trick work?"

This was the response.

"The card to wallet magic trick is a popular illusion where a spectator selects a card, and then the magician produces the same card from their wallet. The trick involves a combination of sleight of hand, misdirection, and a specially designed wallet. Here’s a breakdown of the process:

The magician asks the spectator to select a card from a deck, sign their name on the back, and then place it back into the deck.
The magician then takes the deck and shuffles it, making it appear as if the card is lost among the others.
The magician then produces the wallet, which is a specially designed utility wallet that can be used to vanish, produce, or exchange playing cards, business cards, photographs, paper money, and more.
The magician uses sleight of hand to secretly palm the selected card, making it appear as if it has disappeared.
The magician then opens the wallet and reveals the signed card, making it seem as if it has been produced from thin air.
The wallet used in this trick is typically a Himber wallet, which is a type of utility wallet that is designed to be used in magic tricks. It has a special compartment that can be used to secretly palm the card, making it appear as if it has vanished.

The key to the trick is misdirection, which is the art of distracting the spectator’s attention away from the method of the trick. The magician uses verbal cues, body language, and other forms of misdirection to make the spectator focus on one thing while the card is being palmed.

In addition to the wallet, the magician may also use other props, such as a deck of cards, a table, and a tablecloth, to enhance the illusion. The card to wallet trick is a classic magic trick that has been performed by many magicians over the years, and it continues to be a popular illusion among magic enthusiasts."
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Of course, there is no "intelligence" here - just a library lookup of facts. A super fast algorithm is not AI - certainly not the kind to be worried about.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16551 Posts

Profile of tommy
It seems to be stupid exposure.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy