The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Indiana Jones. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They just can’t help themselves.

As far as I’m concerned there is a trilogy, a bad movie, then a sequel to that bad movie.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
They really can't.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
Harrison Ford is 81.

Still an action hero?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
South Park summed it up very well on the Crystal Skull. The scene from Texas Chain Saw Massacre comes to mind as Grandpa showing his legendary skill of killing cows with one blow from his hammer; limply bonks the victim uselessly over the head again and again...

So yeah, I would expect something like that from this new movie.

I'm not going to watch it.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2023, karnak wrote:
Harrison Ford is 81.

Still an action hero?

No
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I really thought they did this as an apology for the last one. Kind of like Ocean’s 13

No. All it proves is Crystal Skull was intentional. I heard 2 guys talking and one said he fell asleep. I’m sad for anyone who has this as their first exposure to the character.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

It's sad that Indiana's theme song has become....

"Dumb-ti dumb-dumb, dumb-ti dumb, dumb-ti dumb-dumb, dumb-ti dumb-dumb-dumb..."
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
I'm not going to see it because it's 2 hours 34 minutes, I just can't sit down that long.

I still don't know how endgame ended.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 2, 2023, Fedora wrote:
I still don't know how endgame ended.

With the credits rolling up...
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
And even those last 7 minutes and 41 seconds.

Indy 5 will apparently make around 60 million in the us on opening weekend, the film needs
750 million to break even, seems like a long shot.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The movie was an action packed, fast-paced, well-produced adventure romp perfect for summer viewing. I saw it in one of the deluxe theaters with plush loungers and food and drink service. The fact that I didn't fall asleep in those surroundings (and I have a few times before) says something.

All that said, viewed under the lens of the films as a collection, I put this at number 4. It didn't quite jump the shark by showing extraterrestrials, but came awfully darn close by knocking at the door of pure science fiction. I prefer my Indy served with more earthly subtlety, a sprinkle of the occult here, a dab of mysticism there.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought the CGI and stunts were abysmal.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Indy 5 has grossed $263 million so far, it is estimated it will need to make somewhere between $600-800 million
to break even. (sources conflict)

Regardless, it won't get anywhere close, and has been deemed a box office bomb.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I deemed it that in my first post.

It makes me sad because at one time Ford was in something like 6 of the top 10 grossing films of all time. He was BANK.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2023, karnak wrote:
Harrison Ford is 81.

Still an action hero?

Some older dudes will surprise you. I don't aim to go gently into that dark night.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
But airbrushed… beyond Sky Captain?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I haven't seen it. I'm a huge fan of Indiana Jones but I just don't go out to movies that much anymore.
With as big a family as I'm toting around it has to be a big enough deal to either pay for everyone or pay a babysitter and I pretty much only do that for Batman movies.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My father, grand father and all my uncles lived to around 95. They were still kicking tail in their 80's.. So YES, an action hero could easily be 81. George Forman was the heavyweight champ of the world at 45. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....