The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Open eyed trance as opposed to traditional Hypnosis in shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
There are certain countries where you need a license to perform anything pertaining to Hypnosis, if you call it that. Also, in some settings, the mention of Hypnosis puts people on guard or just outright defensive. (I'm not in the States btw...)

In those instances, I have had much success in doing Shows using the pendulum, Magnetic Fingers etc, all the way to full body catalepsy (even standing on the volunteer laying between two chairs). The volunteers are not in the traditional eyes closed trance fyi. Even when they are, I never mention Hypnosis is in play. I just say it is their energy or Chi.

Curious what others here do, if any, that's similar to this? Or is this just a common thing amongst the community?

Thanks in advance.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21276 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Standing on the volunteer isn’t hypnosis.

It is however dangerous and unadvised and a lot of other things.

Kreskin has done hypnosis without mention of it, in fact denying it, for quite a long time. We

What setting are you actually doing this stuff in? In the context of a show? Because simply put nobody buys tickets to hypnosis shows if the mention of hypnosis puts them on edge no matter where you are in the world. They don’t buy tickets to things that put them on edge usually. Yes there are prohibitions in many places, but just don’t work there. Unless you live there it is an easy task.

In the context of the show once they have purchased tickets all is fine. I have done the show in countries that still believe in voodoo. Those afraid simply don’t show up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It's a show, but again, Hypnosis is not mentioned anywhere for cultural reasons. Again, I don't live in the States. It is billed as a Magic Show.

Standing on the volunteer is not dangerous if you have rehearsed it with a healthy and willing adult. I never do it impromptu. There is a way to do it safely.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21276 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok so now it is sketch comedy, which is not hypnosis.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok so now it is sketch comedy, which is not hypnosis.

But that was EXACTLY my question, Dannydoyle...

Has anyone here done all the trance work with pendulums, magnetic fingers, body catalepsy WITHOUT calling it Hypnosis? Smile

Btw, here's Las Vegas Hypnotist, Marc Savard doing the body catalepsy to a lady volunteer. Dunno if she really is one or a stooge, but there it is...

https://youtu.be/hiYhMJoGung
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21276 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lots of folks do it. If it is volunteers they are being very unsafe. Period.

If you’re doing it rehearsed then it is not unsafe or hypnosis it is sketch comedy. The 4 chair balancing stunt is just as effective and mysterious and far safer.

I don’t understand really the point if you can call it hypnosis why wouldn’t you? In America it sells far better. If you can’t then just do what Kreskin does. The concept is not new at all.

Your best bet in all of this is the Dr. Q stuff. It plays HUGE and in many cases as well as actual hypnosis.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I have my reasons for not calling what I do Hypnosis.

Sometimes I do though.

The four person chair balancing stunt is okay but doesn't quite get the same response as the body catalepsy, from my experience. Yours may be different.

I actually just wanted to bounce some ideas with those who approach it my way, that was all.

You or your Art are not under attack, Dannydoyle. Chill. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21276 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Umm nobody is not chill. That is on you brother.

People have successfully approached it that way for decades. It use nothing new.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
Umm nobody is not chill. That is on you brother.

People have successfully approached it that way for decades. It use nothing new.

Okay then. Smile