The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Making a rising card gimmick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DracoAdamantus
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DracoAdamantus
I'm looking to make my own rising card gimmick (style of Devano or Galdini) for a specific deck of cards. Are there any instructions or tutorials out there for sale on how to make your own?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Good luck with this.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 31, 2023, DracoAdamantus wrote:
I'm looking to make my own rising card gimmick (style of Devano or Galdini) for a specific deck of cards. Are there any instructions or tutorials out there for sale on how to make your own?

Are these rising card methods different from those describing in Tarbell Vol. 2?
Bob
Ampa
View Profile
New user
A Cellar Vault in Berlin
63 Posts

Profile of Ampa
There isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. Over the years, dozens of variations have evolved. However, if you're serious about creating your own and have understood the principle, you'll surely come up with your own ideas. Since you mentioned the Devano Deck and Galdini, you should be familiar with the principle, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make certain modifications or adapt it to your needs.
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
For the time and effort it might take may I suggest http://www.martinismagic.com/ for a tried and tested inexpensive prop, albeit in bicycle (Martin is most accommodating and may even use a deck you send him) There is also a Ron Bauer booklet on Don Allen and the Devano Card Rise with some basic crafting instructions
Ciaran
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
Oops ..... Don Alan
55john55
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of 55john55
Hi, I made a rising card deck a number of years ago. It had 3 different cards rise and to go along with the "story" (or patter) to go with it. I thought it different than ones I had seen. It did have one flaw, but I think that is correctable. If you would like to know what I did you are welcome to send me a PM me . I think it would be too long for a post.
MudMedic
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
41 Posts

Profile of MudMedic
Don Alan's book is here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/17570
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
495 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
You can easily find the PDF of this book for free on the Internet. I don't know whether this publication is legal or illegal.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2024, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
You can easily find the PDF of this book for free on the Internet. I don't know whether this publication is legal or illegal.

IMHO, if it is free, it is probably a scanned and shared PDF without permission, especially since it is still available for purchase.