The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Carnival Manual? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Was there ever something like a carnival manual or sideshow instruction booklet sold only to Carneys? I know the readers passed knowledge from one to another and kep that information in files or books, but Im asking about something mor comprehensive.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I don't think this is really what you want, but...

https://drgentlemans.blogspot.com/2016/12/brills-bible.html
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Getting close. Love it and thanks for the info! What I want may not even exist.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Brill sold plans, many of which were somewhat...how shall we say this...questionable. There were measurements that didn't work, things not explained well, third-hand information. But they gave ideas. He owed me a batch when he died.

There are a number of books that cover games, and several that have explanations for stunts. Please don't learn stunts from a book. Even a simple one can get you badly hurt.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I'm not a big fan of stunts HArley. I admire those who perform them, but I'm not a big fan of risk or pain! Smile
Im looking for a book with a great title or premise to utilize in a carnival themed effect.