The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Problems Posting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I'm trying to post a listing in the "Books for Sale" area and it keeps failing. I'm posting several books for sale and am using the img BBcode to link in some external images. When I preview the page, everything looks great but when I post, it processes for a while and then briefly displays a message saying "BBcode img entry contains an invalid image URL, is not an image, or could not be verified". I checked that all the images are being correctly displayed in the preview, so it seems the error is not correct. Even if the images are referenced through the img BBcode, is there some kind of limit?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Can you post one of the links here so we can see what you are typing?
Where the magic begins
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I looked at it some more and found a couple of issues on my side. The thing that threw me was that the "Preview Post" showed me a result, but the "Submit Reply" failed. After looking closer I found that I had a typo in one of the URL's. A lowercase letter should have been capitalized. Looking closer at the preview, there was a small missing image icon.

I fixed those but still cannot submit it as a single post. I am able to post about 2/3's of it successfully which indicates all those URL's are good. I can post the latter 1/3 by itself successfully, but if I try to submit the entire post, I get a database error, so there must be some kind of limit I'm hitting.

I'll just post them as smaller lists over time. Thanks for your help.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins