The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: AI POKER (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.888poker.com/magazine/poker-......in-poker

"People are wondering if this spells the end for online poker.

Forget that.

It could spell the end of the world."

Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Those have been around for a long time, except it was called bots back in the day... just play on pokerstars and mabee a third of the "players" on there are just bots programmed to play perfect poker... There have been pros that's beaten bots playing perfectly buy playing irregularly....
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes, they mention bots a lot in that article. I think the thing is about how good they have now got and are getting. I am old and old-fashioned and how these bots work is really a mystery to me. They say 87 per cent of people aged 75 years and over have never been online (2018).
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
House bots

“House bots” can pose a conflict of interest. By the strictest definition, a house bot is an automated player operated by the online poker room itself. These types of bots would be the equivalent of brick-and-mortar shills."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_poker_player

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell

Tommy