The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: DIY Color changing bic lighters! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Dear Magic Café friends,

I’m missing an opportunity to add a bic lighter sequence during a “Voodoo” card effect (or any effect involving a lighter flame)) where a card is heated by an adult spectator.

There aren’t any commercially available bic lighters that will allow for performance of a color changing knife routine (the Vernet/Fantasio lighter changes the WHOLE lighter color, just once and it can’t be handed out). I was hoping someone might have had the idea to simply spray paint a bic lighter in the same manner as a gimmicked knife?

If yes, I would be so appreciative if you would share the type of spray paint (Krylon model car spray, perhaps?) and color that best matches the color of the bic lighter that you chose to paint over.

Thanks so much, in advance, for any suggestions or advice!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Actually, the Fantasio Color Changing lighter can be handed out for examination if routined that way.

But it sounds like you would like to use the CCK method. Are you aware of Adam Wilber's Gaf Lighter Project?
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/17587 It may be just the thing you are looking for.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Thanks so much for your response Frank!

Yes, I am aware of Adam's Gaffed Lighter Project, my friend...and I think it's rather brilliant. I have a discussion concerning Adam's project, on that forum category (Latest and Greatest), right now.

I appreciate you!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2023, littlethumbtip wrote:
Yes, I am aware of Adam's Gaffed Lighter Project, my friend...and I think it's rather brilliant. I have a discussion concerning Adam's project, on that forum category (Latest and Greatest), right now.

I missed that link. Will definitely have to check it out!

Here is something which is interesting - design your own bic lighter: https://us.bic.com/en_us/design-my-bic-l......ers.html Unfortunately, it includes a printed on warning label which destroys its usefulness for our purposes. I wonder if they would be willing to forgo it?
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Any Bic lighter can be appropriated for a paddle routine using the Bic logo as the subject. I present it as such, generally around someone who I know smokes and is around lighters a lot: "This is strange. Do you think this is a fake Bic? Usually this logo is just printed on one side, but check this out." I show the lighter with two logos, which the spectator may or may not care about. I then "remove" one of the logos and hand them the lighter immediately.

Mini Bic lighters can also be used for a cool Spellbound routine.