The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Rip it George? Name this trick with paper money (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
EternalNameless
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of EternalNameless
Been trying to find the name of this trick. Apparently the center of a dollar bill (not yet hyperinflated!) has the center portion (George Washington portrait torn out) magician eats the piece and blows on bill, all is restored. Was this in the old Micheal Ammar Money Miracle videos? under the name Rip It George? All remember is the clever center tear fold, you can't hand out the bill...anyone? Thanks!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
This is something Jeff McBride would teach in his lectures. Perhaps contact him. I am not sure if is his or where he got it from.
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of drmagic
The trick is on the "Easy to Master Money Miracles Vol. 3" with Michael Ammar and is called Dining On Dollars.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
McBride teaches this on his Magic of Jeff McBride (DVD). Jeff credits a magician from Japan for this version (Johnny Hirose). On the DVD it is just listed as a Torn & Restored Bill effect.

Hope that helps you out.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Dining on Dollars... Love this effect. Plays big and always stresses folks out as you tear out George. One of my favorites.
EternalNameless
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of EternalNameless
Thanks, "Dining on Dollars" it is, found the video clip from the Ammar videos on Youtube, thanks. Shame Federal Reserve bankers are counterfeiting dollarbonds, soon the end of KingQueen Dollarbonds as the reserve currency of the world? Or a switch to digital centralized or decentralized money, stay tuned folks, change is the only constant, awareness awaring the eternal mystery...
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On May 28, 2023, Mark Williams wrote:
McBride teaches this on his Magic of Jeff McBride (DVD). Jeff credits a magician from Japan for this version (Johnny Hirose). On the DVD it is just listed as a Torn & Restored Bill effect.

Hope that helps you out.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
Johnny Hirose's effect Rip-it Revolutionized was published in Kaufman's "Richard's Almanac" and was an improvement on Jack Chanin's Rip-It.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, drmagic wrote:
The trick is on the "Easy to Master Money Miracles Vol. 3" with Michael Ammar and is called Dining On Dollars.

Dining On Dollars is a Rick Johnson effect.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain