The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Gazzo in need (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Https://gofund.me/d9937f70

Gazzo had a major stroke . If you can pitch in a couple of bucks he really needs it.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Any amount helps. He has a long road to recovery. Pitch in!
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
If everyone on the Café gave even 5.00, it would sit add up fast.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
How has this not met its funding goal yet?

Gazzo has inspired THOUSANDS of magicians worldwide, and entertained MILLIONS, and yet we can't even raise $45k to aid him in his time of need ?!?!

Come on, magic community... Step up and help one of our greatest brothers when he is in his darkest hour! PLEASE!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
WOW... Just Checked....4-10-23
STILL at $34,000 and change.

Thought it would be higher.
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Penguin Magic is offering Gazzo's"Black Bag Show" new instructional video by Gazzo for $50. All the money goes to Gazzo:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18499
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
Thanks for posting this, Imgic....

What a good deal and great of Penguin to donate this.

Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Any updates on Gazzo's condition?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I got an email from the gofundme campaign manager saying that Gazzo is making progress and is able to walk with assistance, and there is hope that he may be able to perform again someday. I believe it said he was back in England for this recovery time (no longer in Florida), but I seem to have deleted the email.

Sadly, and much to the dishonor of our magic community, the stroke recovery gofundme campaign couldn't manage to raise the 45k in the allotted time, although it DID raise 40k. This money will certainly help Gazzo financially while he isn't working, or, y'know... functioning at all...

I have no details, but I've heard the Penguin "black bag show" fundraiser made some money too.

There is an update on the gofundme site as of the 16th of July, thanking everyone for all of the support and giving some of the info I just shared as well.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Same question as of December 2023
Thanks
Tschark86
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
If you haven't seen, there has been an update on the gofundme-page on December 23rd.

Quote:
Dear Gazzo friends, family, and supporters,

Happy Holidays to our incredible supporters from all around the world!

Today, we want to share some wonderful news with you on behalf of Gazzo. He is filled with gratitude for the overwhelming love and support he's received from fans, friends, and peers worldwide.

During his time overseas, Gazzo has been working closely with both monks and a dedicated medical team, all of whom have played a crucial role in his continued recovery journey. It's been an incredible and transformative experience.

Gazzo is still having some problems with balance. He is also still having issues with his voice. But, he is continuing to get STRONGER. He really wants to get back out there. This is what he wants the most... TO PERFORM ONCE AGAIN.

Today marks a special day as Gazzo plans to step back into the spotlight, starting with magic shows in Key West, FL, for the remainder of the season. He's feeling a bit nervous, as it's been some time since his devastating stroke in March of 2023, but his passion for performing and entertaining crowds remains stronger than ever.

Your love and support have been a tremendous source of motivation for Gazzo. As he embarks on this journey to captivate audiences once again, we encourage you to reach out, send your well-wishes, and let him know how much you care. Your messages, emails, and calls mean the world to him and will undoubtedly fuel his determination to shine brightly again.

Thank you for being part of Gazzo's incredible journey. Together, we can make his comeback even more magical!

Happy holidays to you and your loved ones! Thank you for continuing to save Gazzo's life.

With love and gratitude,

Gazzo and Adrian

PS: He deeply appreciates all the support he continues to receive as he embarks on this journey back to the world of magic and entertainment. He loves you all.

There's also a short video. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsbXEjxSuUM