The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Tricks that use riddles as method (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
VMids
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hello all! For a new project I’m researching the overlap between riddles and magic tricks. More precise I’m in search of clever answers to riddles that can also act as the secret method to a trick. E.g the lying and truth teller brothers which as a logic puzzle you can use for a which hand routine. Or the 3 lightbulb/3 switches riddle that you can the use for the 5 coin trick where the spectator holds one against his forehead (and you feel which coin is warmer afterwards). Does anyone know other overlaps between the ‘secret’ from a puzzle/riddle and magic/illusion? Would love to hear!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
499 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
The vanishing dwarf is both a riddle and a magic trick - do not know if this qualifies as overlap.

https://www.marianotomatis.it/blog.php?p......=english
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3521 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I think someone turned the "Three men, a hotel room and a missing dollar into a magic trick"
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2023, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I think someone turned the "Three men, a hotel room and a missing dollar into a magic trick"

Nick Einhorn
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Sorry about this being sketchy, but there is an ‘effect’ of a hotel having 9 rooms (represented, say, by cards) and 10 guests (represented by coins.) The hotelier says he is confident he can accommodate all the guests and does so, with each coin being placed in a room.

I may have got some of the details twisted but it is certainly along these lines. I am sure someone may be able to pinpoint the exact effect and where it may be found.