The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Thumb and Finger Manipulation Challenges (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cartoonist
View Profile
New user
Japan
15 Posts

Profile of Cartoonist
I'm having difficulty with "puppet manipulation." (Not ventriloquism, puppet manipulation to voice i.e. Muppets).

Anatomically, when our thumb is in the bottom (jaw) and our four fingers in the top, the thumb is much shorter than the four fingers.

I've experimented with many different techniques/modifications w/o success. The puppet I have now has way too much space in the bottom jaw.

From what I've surmised, a bottom jaw with a very shallow and narrow opening for the thumb only seems to be logically the ideal solution but I can't find one like this.

Any suggestions, links, etc. would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Put a thin piece of card board in the bottom jaw so your thumb is below the card and then it will/should have better control of bottom jaw. Works for me and my Characters ( see profile photo). 85, 75 in Vent and Magic. (Japan!! saw a picture of a Clown with a big toe,
it said "Ollie Got(a big) toe"(Thank you)- it was langue book, using pictures to teach. Like pictures of an "Ice Cream CONE - a kNEE - peace if CHEEse a baby cry WAA -('good afternoon') - hope I didn't confuse any one - LOL.. Best to You and Yours - Ralph ROUSSEAU (Russo)
Cartoonist
View Profile
New user
Japan
15 Posts

Profile of Cartoonist
Thank you very much Russo, I'll give that a try.